Mgr, Logistics - Baltimore, MD
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Mgr, Logistics - Baltimore, MD.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5pm, Day Shift
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3763357
Basic Purpose: As a Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for management of exempt supervisors and non-exempt employees of the Logistics Department. Oversees efforts to ensure prompt pickups and safe delivery of specimens and supplies to clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ability to read and write English
2. Maintains logistics services for specimen pickup and report distribution within the areas served by the laboratory facility.
3. Provides short/long term range planning for the logistics area in order to meet departmental requirements and client needs.
4. Analyzes and develops a departmental budget of manpower and operational costs.
5. Structures routes and logistics operations to provide a cost effective and client effective method to pickup specimens.
6. Develops and maintains effective and efficient communications with all internal and external clients.
7. Manages and trains staff in company policy
8. Manages and trains staff in departmental procedures to ensure effective team effort, client satisfaction and compliance with quality standards.
9. Adheres to departmental and company code of grooming and dress code policies, appearing neat and clean at all times.
a. Reports on time to work, following attendance guidelines.
b. Adheres to departmental and company code of grooming and dress code.
Education 1 BS, BA or equivalent experience.
8+ years experience in logistics field with a minimum of 5 years in a lead and/or supervisory capacity.
1 Logistics experience including managerial.
1 Valid State drivers license with clean driving record.
2 Interpersonal skills, which include teamwork, adaptability and dependability.
3 Leadership, which includes supervision, motivation, decisiveness and work commitment.
Key Word Search: - Supervisor, logistics, manager, service, courier, administrator, and boss
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.