Mgr NICU Level 3
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00162-69490
THE WOMAN S HOSPITAL OF TEXAS HOUSTON, TX
NURSE MANAGER (RN) NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT (NICU)
THE WOMAN\'S HOSPITAL OF TEXAS opened in 1976 and ever since has remained the state's premier facility dedicated solely to the health of women and newborn infants. Located near the Texas Medical Center, Woman s offers 397 licensed beds, including a NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and a full range of women s health services and newborn infants.
More than 650 board-certified physicians at Woman's offer their expertise and an outstanding level of quality care in the areas of gynecology, obstetrical care, high-risk pregnancy and minimally invasive surgery.
THE WOMAN S HOSPITAL OF TEXAS is currently looking for a NURSE MANAGER (RN) NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT (NICU).
* Under the supervision of the NICU Department director and the Chief of the Neonatology group is responsible and accountable for the planning and implementation of patient management as specified.
* Will serve as a liaison to physicians, nurse practitioners, nursing staff, families and ancillary services or consultants of the hospital.
* Collaborates with physicians or their designee to plan and implement discharge process with nursing staff and families.
* Evaluates collaborative care of patients to promote continuity of neonatal care between medical, nursing, and ancillary disciplines and reports observations to medical or management staff as needed.
* Facilitates coordination of care of the compromised neonate among all disciplines providing care.
* Utilizes communication skills effectively in working with parents, physicians, and personnel
* Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
* Participates in establishing, maintaining, and improving patient s health care goals through patient assessment, planning and implementation of nursing interventions and evaluation of patient outcomes.
* Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
* Accurately and completely documents all aspects of care given.
* Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness.
* Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
* Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
* Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
* Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
* Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
* To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
* Other duties as assigned
* BSN required
* Current RN license in Texas
* BCLS certified required
* Medication Learning Modules
* Certification in specialty area preferred
* Unit specific clinical experience
Last Edited: 08/17/2016