Mgr., Procurement (Mills)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/15/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONGraphic Packaging International, Inc. (NYSE: GPK), headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading provider of packaging solutions for a wide variety of products to food, beverage and other consumer products companies. The Company is one of the largest producers of folding cartons and holds a leading market position in coated-unbleached kraft and coated-recycled board. The Company's customers include some of the most widely recognized companies in the world.
Our vision -- to provide packaging solutions that improve the world in which we live -- can be achieved by delivering value to our customers, building a high performance culture for our employees, creating superior returns for our shareholders, and being an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities in which we operate.
Graphic Packaging has approximately 13,500 employees working in more than 50 locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
The Manager of Procurement for MRO and Capital position requires the development of effective sourcing strategies for the company's capital equipment and parts, energy, contractors and services, mill and converting consumables and powered industrial vehicles and equipment at the lowest total cost of ownership. This position is responsible for creating a corporate wide planning, management, and reporting program for the commodities under management. Routinely updates and presents to supply chain leadership inflation and savings assumptions for MRO and Capital including long range planning projections. Will lead the cross functional team including converting and mill purchasing coordinators, logistics managers and Supply Chain legal resources while ensuring availability, service and quality needs are met. Develops, implements, and administers policies, procedures and systems by which the Company's MRO and Capital supply base is managed. Proactively evaluates, identifies and leads meaningful continuous improvement of the procurement organization's policies, procedures and systems.
* Achieve year over year cost savings for MRO and Capital procurement while maintaining assurity of supply.
* Updates and presents inflation and savings assumptions for forecasting and strategic planning.
* Develops and implements an optimization cost model for MRO and Capital procurement to be used company-wide.
* Establish KPI's for delivered cost, inventory, payment terms and cost reduction initiatives.
* Evaluates and analyzes MRO and Capital procurement practices and implements Best Demonstrated Practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Establish and develop the supply base to ensure availability of quality materials in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Establish criteria and strategy for negotiations with suppliers.
* Follow the Strategic Procurement Initiative process to drive purchased items towards common specifications and increase supplier competition.
* Review commodity analyst reports for data integrity and validity of assumptions.
* Lead the development and implementation of a Supplier Management Program.
* Monitor supply/demand activity for key commodities.
* Proficient with the implementation and use of Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) Sourcing Systems, preferably SAP-SRM.
* Lead the development and maintenance of a raw material resource plans for key commodities.
* Ensure accurate and timely reporting to Supply Chain finance team regarding SPI and synergy projects, inflationary costs and budget assumptions.
* Effective and frequent communication regarding project updates to Supply Chain management including routine issues affecting the organization.
* Carry out all policies and achieve objectives as directed by the Vice President, Supply Chain.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Must have Bachelor's degree in supply chain, operations, engineering, finance, accounting, economics, statistics or other related field. MBA preferred.
* Experience: Min. of 10 years experience in Procurement, Operations, or Engineering &Maintenance Management
* Availability to travel 25-50%
* Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written).
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
* Must have advanced computer skills including a significant understanding of ERP (e.g., SAP, TM1, and Hyperion) systems.
* Ability to work independently and to supervise the work of others.
* Detail and multi-task oriented.
Core Competency Requirements
* Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
* Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
* Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and pts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goals; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus
* Organizing: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
* Conflict Management: Steps up to conflicts; seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get corporation within minimum noise.
Energy and Drive
* Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
* Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
* Organizational Agility: Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
Personal and Interpersonal Skills
* Composure: Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn't show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
* Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
* Managing Vision and