Mgr, Product Management - Kenmore Laundry
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Hoffman Estates, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with design, engineering, customer management, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met for leading US premier brands.
Responsibilities:* Creates and executes a strategy of how to win in a category with a range of product offering/assortment and then execute to that strategy on individual product basis
* Represents the brand strategies with multiple teams across the organization (marketing, product management, channel management, etc)
* Guides ideas form front-end-planning through lanunc while maintaining the value proposition targeted per the busienss plan
* Analyzes business results and presents recommendations for changes in brand strategy
* Reviews market research to anticipate competition and market trends and translate consumer attitudes into new branding directions
* Supports the product development process by consulting with product managers on market requirements and product features and then takes new products and prepares them for launch - developing and assessing product names and features to differentiate from the competition
* Plans and coordinates product launch
* Propose and draft the line plan for a complete product line into three-year product roadmaps
* Ensures corporate marketing plans and brand strategies are aligned and works to develop advertising and promotional programs that support the brand strategy, new product launches, or other initiatives
* Leads the conception, development and execution of overall product strategy, focusing on hand tool innovation and creates differentiated, scalable, own product positioning for the brand
* Leads primary interface with Vendor as product is developed, cost savings are identified and subsidy is secured for promotional support
Requirements:* 5+ years of comparable experience in product development and/or business/category management including demonstrated success defining and launching excellent CONSUMER products. We really seek a background in CPG ideally in tools.
* Four year bachelors degree required
* Marketing & Strategic Planning background
* Experience in product innovation; Consumer Package Goods experience a plus. We require experience with the product development process, either from a technical or marketing perspective.
* Strong leadership skills in a cross-functional team setting. Ability to work with partners in multiple locations.
* Knowledge of business and financial analysis tools and processes.
* Strategic Thinker, complemented with ability to develop and communicate solid plan
* Ability to determine what metrics should be measured and making decisions based off metrics
* Ability to sell / negotiate large-scale projects
* Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
Ability to create strategic partnershipsEEO EMPLOYER