Mgr, Programming & Sr Producer - Time Warner Cable Sports
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Time Warner Cable
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Type: Full Time
The Senior Producer will work with the Leadership Team at Time Warner Cable SportsChannel to develop content from concept to production. Qualifications include the ability to produce, direct, and edit a variety of sports programs and events. A passion for sports, in-depth industry knowledge and demonstrated sports production experience is essential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
* Works directly with the Studio Programming Manager and the General Manager to develop content that meets the goals of the Local Programming Group.
* Assists the Studio Programming Manager in scheduling content and personnel for Time Warner Cable SportsChannel.
* Produces and directs live sports programs such as high school football, coaches shows and sports specials with a high degree of expertise using knowledge of formats, switchers, graphics and replay.
* Performs pre-production tasks with responsibilities to include: script writing, interview set up, copyright clearance, set and studio preparation, graphics production and music selection.
* Produces programs in a rapid television news environment to ensure on-air deadlines are met.
* Performs various production functions to include: location and studio shooting, lighting, editing, graphics and audio production.
* Supervises a production team.
Applicants must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
* Minimum of five years experience as a broadcast television sports producer and/or sports director and editor preferred.
* Specialized knowledge of television production is required as well as operational knowledge of industry standard audio and video equipment.
* Proficient working knowledge of personal computer hardware and Windows based software.
* Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri driver s license.
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: 3473
Controlling Establishment ID: 00049 - Kansas City 6550 Winchester
Job Code: TWCNPR640 Mgr, Production Exempt