Mgr Regional Elec Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Responsible for the operation of a regional area, which includes, but is not limited to, functions related to ensuring employee and public safety, promotion of diversity and inclusion among the organization, efficient operation, maintenance and construction of the electric distribution system, providing a premier customer experience and prudent financial acumen. Contributes as an ambassador of safety to ensure rigid compliance of safety rules, processes and procedures. Invests in a broad level of experiences and backgrounds, promotes an inclusive environment and leverages different experiences to foster employee development. Responsible for execution of strategic initiatives related to meeting or exceeding the business goals of the organization. Oversees and establishes synergies between Operating and Construction and Maintenance functions to ensure safe and efficient execution of the work plan. Provides support of strategies that leverage use of contractors and other partnering organizations. Manage and maintain working relationship with local union (e.g., IBEW Local). Delivery of the premier customer experience through direct or indirect communication with our customers and all around quality of service. Provide support of storm restoration strategy. Delivery of financial performance through prudent fiscal oversight and execution of short term and long term financial decision-making. All around contributor in obtaining attributes required of a high performance organization.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
- Bachelor s Degree and at least 8-10 years of related experience, including at least 4 years of managerial or supervisory experience or in lieu of bachelor s degree, 14 or more years of related experience is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of collective bargaining agreements.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of electric distribution systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental and regulatory compliance.
- Proven leadership ability in a high performance results driven culture.
- Proven high-level management skills in coaching and development of business skills.
- Proven performance management skills including decisiveness, judgment, negotiation, motivation, innovation and development of people.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and efficiencies including new technology.
- Demonstrated business acumen, customer awareness and ability to create value.
- Graduate Degree or Graduate level work in Engineering, Business Administration or related field is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results for performance improvement in safety, productivity, customer relations and reliability consistent with the annual Utility/Department/Region scorecard metrics.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiations and providing strategic input on labor relation strategies.
- Demonstrated commitment to harness the strengths of individual differences for the common good of the corporation and its employees.
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers