This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
SGS North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe position is responsible for the management of the technical and business aspects of the Microbiology Laboratory. Responsible for training personnel, scheduling analyses, assuring the quality of analyses, procuring cost effective materials to conduct analyses, and technically marketing the services offered.
* Manage overall activities and staff of the Microbiology department.
* Serve as technical expert providing scientific leadership and guidance to clients and staff.
* Train staff on appropriate laboratory techniques and procedures.
* Update procedures.
* Ensure the microbiology lab is cGMP compliant and audit-ready at all times.
* Oversee laboratory investigations for OOS and OOT events.
* Cultivate key client relationships.
* Participate in negotiating contracts.
* Provide information required for quoting.
* Help resolve Client complaints.
* Ensure client requests are met in a timely and effective manner.
* Responsible for protocol and reports write up and approval.
* Develop department plan to meet future client needs.
* Provide feedback and guidance to department staff.
* In conjunction with the Site Manager, plan and execute: staffing, supply, equipment, and facility issues as necessary to properly run Microbiology testing department to meet client and SGS needs.
* In conjunction with the Site Manager ensure department operates in a manner that is profitable for SGS.
* Provide the Operations manager data for and feedback on monthly and yearly forecasts.
* Represent SGS during client visits and regulatory inspections.
* Conduct annual reviews of department staff.
* Generally, MS/Ph.D. in Microbiology or a related scientific discipline, or equivalent professional experience, preferably obtained in a laboratory or research and development setting.
* Must be able to communicate clearly in English and have solid communication skills including grammar and composition.
* Have excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work well with others & independently.
* Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
* Knowledge of another language besides English (French or Spanish) is an asset.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.