Microbiology Technician 2, Fairfield, NJ
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
SGS North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAdvanced laboratory position. Works independently on Microbiological projects. As a professional scientist, the Microbiologist is expected to assist with supervision and direction of Microbiology Lab Technicians, exhibit technical expertise, and keep current with Microbiological literature.
Conduct analyses of samples in accordance with USP, EP, ASTM, AOAC, FDA, EPA procedures, procedures supplied by the client, and other non-routine procedures as encountered. Should know how to access appropriate technical references and document data in notebooks and LIMS.
* Prepare media and reagents required for conduct of microbiological analyses
* Practice aseptic techniques, good housekeeping, and disinfection per laboratory SOPs
* Responsible for accurate and timely recordkeeping, diligently following standards for analysis and SOPs .
* Accountable for quality assurance tasks vital to the position, including but not limited to: lab area monitoring, media qualification, incubator, instrument and equipment calibration and maintenance and sterilization procedures.
* Schedule analyses so that completion deadlines are met but also so that analyses are thoroughly and thoughtfully conducted.
* Report to Microbiology Manager all significant operational, quality, or technical challenges.
* Train other analysts.
* Write client s test reports for Manager s review in accordance with SGS USTC reporting policy. Relay pertinent data to client by phone, if appropriate. Shall keep an inventory or media and disposable supplies and shall order same with Manager s approval.
* Bachelor s Degree in Microbiology, Biology, or closely related discipline.
* 2 years related laboratory experience
* Proficient in scientific reasoning.
* Posses writing and verbal communication skills, and
* Demonstrate mathematical ability
* Facility for a wide variety of laboratory procedures
* Proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint, Outlook,).
* Ability to work well with others & independently.
* Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.