This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDIRECTOR MICROSOFT
LOCATION: ONTARIO, CANADA
FULLTIME / PERMANENT POSITION
TRAVEL: PRIMARILY WITHIN ONTARIO AND CANADA, SOME U.S. TRAVEL
Purpose of Position:
The Canadian practice is experiencing significant growth and seeks an experienced Director to help lead the Microsoft delivery team in Canada. The selected candidate will be a key member of the local Canadian leadership team and working under the guidance of the North American Microsoft Practice Leader and the Canadian Geo Leader.
Activities may include:
* Leading a work stream, acting as a team lead, and managing complex projects
* Sets technical/functional goals and objectives for the project
* Sets quality standards for project
* Participates in scoping, estimating and risk management efforts
* Effective client management, facilitation and communication skills
* Provides leadership in the development of our people and clients
* Continually grows expertise and knowledge in areas of specialization
* Mentors team members in his or her area of expertise, and develops mentoring skills in others
* Actively participates in practice development activities
* Contributes to the development and facilitation of Knowledge Capital
* Actively participates and may lead internal projects
* Actively involved as a Career Advisor
* Actively participates in Recruiting Process
Minimum of 12years of industry experience within consulting or software development
Minimum of 10years architecting, designing and implementing enterprise-level, large scale, scalable applications
Minimum of 10years of experience with object oriented .NET (C#, Java design and development
Minimum of 10years of experience with the development, selection and/or implementation of application frameworks and enterprise design patterns
Minimum of 10years leading teams
Tangible experience designing, implementing and/or migrating solutions to the cloud
Experience leading and mentoring development teams using Agile/Scrum framework and a deep understanding of legacy SDLC and waterfall methodology
Skilled in building relationships with clients and in practice development activities
Bachelor's degree preferable
* Experience managing off-shore teams
* Demonstrates success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects
* Strong communication and relationship building skills (written, interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation aptitude)
* Deep technical or functional expertise in an application solution or industry
* A proven track record of technical leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes
* Strong problem solving abilities, and ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts and technologies quickly
* Proven track record of multi-tasking business development, client side delivery, and people management skills.
* Communicate complex technical/functional information, scenarios, or specifications to multiple internal and external business and technical audiences in a way that best suits them.
* Experience with general consulting skills that include team facilitation, business case development, strong business analysis skills, process mapping, and business process redesigning.
* Experience architecting, designing and developing solutions that include many of the following technologies:
* Azure, AWS or other cloud technologies
* C#, HTML5, WPF, and/or Windows8 applications
* Web service development and utilization (WCF preferred)
* SQL Server and high performance databasetechnologies
* Relevant Microsoft certifications