Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer 8/26/2016
American Licorice Company
Fort Collins, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY:
Forney Industries, Inc. is a Metal Working and Welding Supply distribution company headquartered in Fort Collins, Colorado. Forney Industries, Inc. has three facilities spanning two states, and users distributed throughout the country. The AX Developer for Forney Industries, Inc. will be based out of the Fort Collins headquarters and will be responsible for the full systems life cycle, including custom code development, testing and promotion, and maintaining and supporting an Dynamics AX 2012 R3 environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supervises and maintains Dynamics AX 2012 R3 technical environment.
* Plans, tests and promotes period hotfix installations.
* Participates in development of Code Control policy.
* Manages all code promotions.
* AX Security
* Responsible for development and maintenance of custom Security Roles.
* Ensures security roles stay within licensing requirements. Develops business case for increased licensing if needed.
* Works directly with Core Team to define development agenda.
* Recommends design solutions for development requests.
* Codes, tests, facilitates end user testing.
* Manages code promotion and documentation for all custom development work.
* Works on Project Teams for new AX Integrations.
* AX AIF Management
* Develops new, and maintains all AX AIF connections.
* Supports AX related Help Desk requests including but not limited to Security, Performance, errors, etc.
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent related work experience required.
* 3-5 years of Microsoft Development experience, including programing experience with AX 2012 required..
* Experience with AX 2012 Security required.
* Application Integration Framework experience required.
* Knowledge of related Microsoft technologies required, including Microsoft SQL Server.
* Microsoft AX 2012 Certifications beneficial, including: Microsoft AX 2012 Installation and Configuration, Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases.
* Familiarity and/or experience with Dynamics AX Workflow and AX BI desired.
* Experience with Enterprise Portal a plus.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to manage multiple priorities
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to understand business requirements, procedures and policies
* Ability to communicate technical concepts in a non-technical fashion
* Strong organizational skills
* Maintain confidentiality at all times
LANGUAGE use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is a traditional office setting with occasional need to perform duties in a manufacturing / packaging/ production environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to work near moving mechanical parts or fumes/airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration. Office dress is business casual.