Microsoft Systems Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY General Requirements:
The successful candidate for this position will have a Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related work experience, a broad range of experience with Microsoft technologies, possess strong troubleshooting skills and be curious about new and existing tools and technologies not currently in use in our environment.
Day to Day Job Responsibilities
* Subject matter resource with hands-on experience in the following tasks:
o Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting Windows 2003/2008/2012 servers.
o Installation and configuration of COTs software and third party applications.
o Basic understanding of Active Directory, Windows Domains, and Windows services such as DNS, DHCP, WINS, and WDS.
o Strong experience with vulnerability identification and remediation as it pertains to Microsoft Operating Systems and application software.
o Experience applying OS patches and service packs to servers and workstations.
o Basic documentation skills - send an example document if possible.
o Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff in a clear and understandable manner.
o Able to provide Level 1 & Level 2 Support.
o Perform routine operational tasks: review operating logs, perform system imaging, create user accounts and archive data
o Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) for deploying Systems, software updates, and patches.
Specific Skill Requirements
* VMWare ESX
* SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 installation, configuration and security.
* Dell/Equalogic storage
* Symantec Netbackup
* Must have 'Can Do - Professional Attitude' and Team player
* Must have excellent communication skills
* Must have strong problem solving skills and decision making skills
* Detail oriented with excellent technical verbal and written communication skills
* Able to multi task and excel in a fast paced on-time deliverable environment
* Analyze and review existing processes and procedures to determine areas of possible improvement that will lead to gains in efficiency and security.
* ONLY US Citizens No Exceptions
* Must pass a DOJ Minimal Background Investigation, MBI, Level 5 background investigation. Valid EQIP JPAS transfers acceptable
* Washington Metro area applicants only please
* Project Location, NE, Washington, DC (Red Line-NY Ave) img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://unisys.contacthr.com/50613970.jpg /