Mid-Level Engineer NFDCCO-2012-004
Applied Research Associates, Inc. - Arlinton, VA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Applied Research Associates (ARA), Inc is seeking a full-time Engineer within our Crystal City Operations Group; position will be located off site in Quantico, VA. Please note that this position is *- Contingent Upon Contract Award ** The successful applicant will have a bachelor’s degree in a recognized engineering, scientific, technical, management or related discipline that is relevant to the contract and 12 years experience or an associate’s degree and 16 years experience in progressively responsible jobs. Experience in DoD facility management is highly desirable. Experience with project planning and execution (development of work plans, monitoring and coordinating project schedules, developing internal project controls, ability to read blue prints and plans) are desirable skills. Must work well with others and have excellent communication skills. Applicant must be willing to travel. Experience in facility acquisition is a plus. This person must be able to think creatively and challenge conventional thinking and work largely independently while supporting the agency directorate of logistics. This requires someone who has strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities that can thrive in a cross-functional setting.
- Helping to identify facility requirements
- Develop facility work plans
- Develop strategies to upgrade facilities witin Air Force programming rules
- Develop internal data bases to provide situational awareness for headquarters personnel
- Prepare monthly status reports and trip reports
Mid-Level Engineer will act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will be responsible for building management and selecting the appropriate method for facility upgrade for generally small to medium sized facilities located wherever AFOSI is located.
- Work with local facility managers and help provide strategy for and monitor procurement and maintenance & upgrades of facilities;
- Establish and administer policies & procedures for the agencies facility program
- Develop and agency program for facility management
- Ensure facilities will meet needs of multiple individual projects and coordinate with staffs as needed for technological and other needs;
- Supervise facility usage, operations, equipment maintenance, etc.;
- Must be able to translate complex client needs into simple, straightforward tasks
- Must be able to conduct in-depth investigative research, interviews and data collection
- Have excellent communication skills with appropriate internal and external contacts.
- Create forward-thinking, conceptual solutions for clients in a professional manner.
- Take initiative to launch projects and build approaches to meeting objectives with only minimal direction
- Work effectively under deadlines and manage multiple projects with evolving requirements.
- Self manage schedules, tasks, and the tracking and billing of time to clients.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Facilities Management and/or Engineering preferred. Significant managerial and leadership experience may be accepted in lieu of college course work.
- At least five (5) years of experience as a senior level facilities manager. Prior supervisory experience required.
- Position requires general knowledge of building and maintenance procedures, including experience in dealing with electricity, plumbing, air conditioning, heating and ventilation, general carpentry, electronic and other related areas.
- General knowledge of construction, ability to read and interpret blueprints with a proven record of project management is necessary. Must have proficient computer skills to communicate and utilize management tools.
- Certifications in related areas are highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing. Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills
Must also have:
- Experience in establishing energy management and control programs; that met or exceeded national standards.
- Experience in short/ long-range facilities planning, construction, major rehabilitation, and space utilization programs.
- Experience and successes in communicating and managing in a complex environment; experienced in a multi-facility, multi-campus, matrix organization.
Military service and/or government experience within DoD,
Candidate must be a United States citizen and have or be able to obtain a Department of Defense Clearance: highly desirable that individual already possess a DoD issued security clearance; candidate must also be able to obtain SCI after employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer