Mid-Level Military Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Aegis Technologies Group, Inc
Shaw Afb, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY More information about this job:
What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure*
You get one of the best privately held small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, that provides advanced technology and expert consulting services to industries throughout the world. AEgis specializes in modeling & simulation (M&S) and micro/nanoscale technology development. Our core competencies include simulation software and training simulators; geospatial databases; 3D models; war fighter exercise support; systems engineering and analysis; verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); test and evaluation support; Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and Man-in-the-Loop (MIL) simulation. AEgis' Nanogenesis Division excels in advancing cutting edge micro and nanoscale technologies from concept to deployment with applications ranging from defense to energy to biotechnology.
AEgis Technologies is seeking an experienced candidate to work as a Mid-Level Military Analyst in the Operations Section of U.S. Army Central (USARCENT) Command. The qualified candidate will need to use experience gained from military service and leadership roles, as well as proficiency in advanced analytic theory, management and principles learned while performing duties in support of interagency, Joint, and combined operations to solve current and/or future mission needs or to correct problem areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Participate in and/or leads operational coordination and analytical implementation teams, working groups, program development forums, special activities, readiness exercises, training, education and other forums as required to accomplish requirements.
* Perform research of concepts and plans, and conducts analysis of factual data. Prepare reports, briefs, and documents in support of event scenario development and higher and adjacent headquarters functions. Participate in and conduct reviews and structured walk through of events, operation orders and plans.
* Develop and revise work plans; prepare task order plans; conduct, review, and edit documents; perform site surveys; and write after action reports. Prepare briefings and reports; provide general technical assistance; and provide support to analyze plans, policy, doctrine, and requirement documents.
* Provide policy and guidance recommendation to government senior level staff, based on thorough analysis, principles and methods.
* Operate in multinational, interagency, Joint, and service unique environments.
* Participate in and/or lead working groups, program development forums, analytical activities, readiness exercises, training, education and other forums as required to accomplish contract requirements.
* Establish and monitor standards for program and document quality. Assist in the resolution of project and program priorities. Assure quality control throughout all contract activities.
* Maintain and comply with security procedures in the performance of duties.
* Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* US Citizen with current/existing security clearance.
* 7-10 years of experience with military organization and demonstrated experience working in contractor position supporting government customers.
* Knowledge of military command structure, missions, programs, and organizational relationships and program goals and objectives, the sequence and timing of key operational events and milestones, and methods of evaluating the effectiveness of planning actions, as related to actual events.
* Communicate complex ideas orally and in writing, clearly and concisely, and with technical accuracy using tact and diplomacy.
* Identify, analyze, and translate complex information, make appropriate judgments, and evaluate options concerning problem resolution.
* Develop and analyze data to determine mission objectives and goals, identify support requirements, and establish relationships between the participants involved in performing the plan.
* Support surges in work, such as staging multiple events simultaneously at different locations.
* Prepare and coordinate requirements, decision papers, fact sheets, information papers and briefing slides for presentation to different audiences. Produce deliverables in formats as required by staff leadership. Formats may include standard Microsoft documents (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), electronic/soft copy matrices and/or web-enabled formats.
* Possess outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills, including the ability to work effectively independently, in a team or collaborative environment.
* Work with senior officials, to build and sustain professional networks in a diverse, fast-paced, multi-task environment, and to manage competing priorities.
Must be willing and able to travel as required.
* Experience working in an Army Service Component Command headquarters with operational experience in deployment and employment of ground combat, aviation, supporting arms, and combat service support units and related equipment
* Knowledge / experience in U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) Area of Responsibility (AOR).
* Three years demonstrated knowledge of military doctrine, tactics, and command relationships at the operational command level as measured by actual operational force employment experience.
* Direct participation in real world operations.
* Civilian Education: Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience.
* Military Education: Desired attendance at Intermediate Level School such as Command and General Staff College (CGSC) or completion of equivalent nonresident course.