Mid - Level Python Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLIAISON STAFFING is looking for both a talented MID-LEVEL PYTHON DEVELOPER to join our top financial client!
LOCATION: Charlotte, NC (On-site required, no remote work allowed)
This role requires a talented mid-level software engineer with a diverse range of experience to contribute to the design and implementation of innovative web, data analysis, visualization, mobile, and public outreach applications. The ideal candidate would work well in a team environment and pick up new technologies quickly.
REQUIRED SKILLS (if you do not have the underlined items, please do not waste your time by applying):
* Degree in a technical field (Computer science, mathematical finance, engineering, physics, math, etc.)
* Strong software development skills and professional coding style with at least one OOP language like: C++, Java, or Python (preferred language)
* Strong knowledge on basic algorithm and data structure
* High financial acumen needed in this role (Preferably someone that has worked a few years in a trading or quantitative function within a bank or broker dealer)
* Ability to work well in a cooperative, time-sensitive, market-driven environment; Ability to work individually and with the group on complex problem solving; analytical skills, critical thinking and a strong desire to learn
Experience in quantitative development role within an investment or commercial / retail bank
* Strong knowledge of Python, including scipy, numpy , pandas and sympy
* Experience handling large data sets, as well as distributed computation (including SQL/RDBMS, OLAP, Pig/Hadoop etc)
* Knowledge in finance products in Fixed income and/or FX
* Knowledge in risk measure and hedging (e.g VaR, CVaR, CDaR)
* Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
* Familiarity with Excel