Mid - Level to Senior Electrical Design Build Estimators
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMID-LEVEL & SENIOR ELECTRICAL DESIGN BUILD ESTIMATORS-$70,000-$100,000 SACRAMENTO, CA.
Your company is a leading Northern California Electrical Contractor experiencing continued growth!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop conceptual designs and estimates for electrical projects, from architectural, general arrangement or engineering plans in order to negotiate/bid new electrical work
* Review takeoffs for accuracy and completeness
* Negotiate various types of electrical work with existing and new clients via phone, email or personal office visits
* Communicate the project design requirements to the engineering team and attend design meetings with the engineer, project manager and/or client once a project is rewarded
* Work with Engineering, Estimating and Production to ensure the project is engineered, estimated and built efficiently and that all the essential players have the tools for success
* Communicate details to Engineering, Estimating, Production and Accounting departments in order to provide a complete and competitive bid
* Follow up calls to clients to negotiate past estimated projects or future work
* Follow up on all proposals to determine performance and document findings
* Maintain existing client relations as well as develop new customer relations
* Ensure a proper turnover between Estimating, Engineering and Production departments.
* Obtain construction feedback during and at the end of the project from all departments to determine improvements needed for future projects
* Field job-site meetings with owners and owners' reps as required to promote company's capabilities
* Additional details regarding position will be discussed.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Electrical Engineering or a related field is preferred
* At least 3- 5years of experience in the electrical construction industry. General product and product installation knowledge
* Computer literate using Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to read and interpret blue prints
* Experience using estimating software programs such as AccuBid and/or McCormick at an intermediate to advanced proficiency.
* Electrical Estimating on Project including Commercial, Industrial, Hospital, High Rise, Data Center, High Tech Manufacturing, Institutional and others preferred.
A very attractive wage and excellent health benefit plan including medical, dental and life insurance plans, a 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays plus 16 PTO days per year make the total compensation package for this position top grade.
Candidates outside the greater Sacramento area are welcome to apply. Assistance is available and negotiable.