Mid Market Field Manager 2
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Westfield Insurance Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Mid-Market Field Manager 2 Job Summary
Salary Range: 91,112.00 - 104,778.00 - 118,445.00
Under general supervision and guidance, the field manager represents the company among a defined territory of agencies, with responsibility for the profitable production of Mid-Market Commercial Lines business utilizing advanced technical underwriting and sales ability. Builds strong relationships with agency Mid-Market producers. Leads the account team to analyze new business opportunities from and exposure, pricing, service, and sales perspective, engaging all resources available to them. Manages the collaboration meeting process and works with independent agents to present and close the deal. Assists Mid-Market Underwriters in retaining business, selling renewals, and delivering messages to agents. May be directed to participate in departmental projects, may serve as a direct leader of Mid-Market Underwriting Assistant. Relocation is provided and this individual will sit in our Scottsdale, Arizona office.
Essential Functions: (not a complete list only top 3)
1. Represents the company and is responsible for building strong relationships with Mid-Market producers and uses a sales process to build an account inventory of new business well in advance of the expiration date to achieve profit and revenue objectives.
2. Underwrites and collaborates on Commercial Mid-Market accounts, large and/or complex Commercial Lines accounts with package premium of $25,000 and above. Pre-qualifies customers and leads the account team to analyze new business opportunities from an exposure, pricing, service, and sales perspective, engaging all of the resources available to them. Evaluates exposures to loss, determines pricing, and accepts or rejects accounts on behalf of the company based on the company s underwriting guidelines. Makes responsible decisions regarding risk acceptability and pricing. Documents details of underwriting decisions, while maintaining all supporting information, records, and data in accordance with audit standards. Utilizes all the present and future underwriting tools and resources (i.e., Reference Connect).
3. Responsible for involving other internal business partners (Claims, Risk Control, Premium Audit, Underwriting, CUO Line of Business Leaders, Billing, etc.) in the prospecting, sales, and underwriting process as well as for servicing the account. Discusses new accounts in the pipeline on a monthly basis with the Region Leader, reviews opportunity and best approach for account. Establishes an underwriting relationship with policyholders.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Seven years of P&C commercial underwriting or production experience, including experience handling accounts with premium size between $25,000 - $250,000 OR demonstrated successful results as a Mid-Market Underwriter.
2. Bachelor s degree from an accredited college/university OR commensurate experience.
3. AU, CIC, or CPCU designation OR in the process of attaining one of these designations.
4. Account collaboration experience.
5. Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve assigned new business written premium goals that are larger than the average territory expectation.
6. Proven business and sales acumen.
7. Experience with facultative reinsurance.
8. Experience training and developing other underwriters.
9. Possesses advanced underwriting technical knowledge.
10. A valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.