Mid & Sr. Software Engineer - Python
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSOFTWARE ENGINEER - PYTHON
eHire's client, a leading, global provider of IT security and compliance automation solutions, is hiring a SoftwareEngineer to join their team. The Engineer will work with other engineers - both development and QA - as well as other departments as part of an Agile team to design, code, build, test, and deliver either prototype or production security software solutions. This position will have the opportunity to work with back-end, database code, some front end, as well as cross team integrations.
The selected individual will be a contributor to the development of security based applications that automate the security and compliance area, making their customer's infrastructure work much more efficiently at a lower cost.
This selected individual will challenged with improving on current code, generating new code, helping with the design & development.
The selected candidate will not only have the opportunity work on some of the leading solutions in this space, but also be mentored by a stellar group of technologists, who've grown their career together.
BACKGROUND AND SCOPE
* Support the full range of day-to-day priorities of the team, primarily focused on software development and implementing new security research ideas.
* Contribute torequirements needed on a small team including:
* Supporting build systems
* Interacting with stakeholders, etc.
* Back-end development in Python
* Proficient with SQL, database design and designing data structures that perform well under scale and load.
* Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly collaborative and fast paced small team environment.
* Must be able to communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences.
* You should be a creative problem-solver who demonstrates a clear and thoughtful approaches to challenging technical problems that solve real business needs.
* BA / BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, IT or equivalent industry experience
* 3 TO 5+ YEARS' OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE IN BACK-END PYTHON
* HANDS-ON KNOWLEDGE OF INSTALLING, CONFIGURING, AND TROUBLESHOOTING LINUX OR UNIX SYSTEMS
* Intermediate knowledge of installing, configuring, tuning, and troubleshooting database systems
* Basic understanding of network protocols, network topologies, network hardware, and network troubleshooting
* Ability to demonstrate clear thought processes
* Strong ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences.
* Thrive in a collaborative environment.
* Creative problem-solver, providing thoughtful approaches to challenging technical problems that solve real business needs
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE THAT ARE CONSIDERED A PLUS (BUT NOT REQUIRED)
* Knowledge of, and configuration of multiple operatingsystems:
* GitHub, Django, C, C++, knowledge and/or experience in the field of security, Agile processes based on the SCRUM framework.
* Knowledge and/or experience with Django, C / C++
* Knowledge and experience in the field of security
* Agile process based on the SCRUM framework
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client delivers advanced threat, security and compliance solutions used by over 9, organizations, including over 50% of the Fortune 500. They enable enterprises, service providers and government agencies around the world to detect, prevent and respond to cyber security threats. Our client discovers every asset on an organization's network and delivers high-fidelity visibility and deep intelligence about these endpoints. When combined with business-context, this valuable information enables immediate detection of breach activity and identifies other changes that can impact security risk.