Mid-level Enterprise Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Falls Church, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 22,500 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world.
Mid-level Enterprise Architect
Education & Experience
Masters degree & minimum of 10 years of related experience or equivalent blend of degree-level education and experience.
Description and Responsibilities:
Mid-level Enterprise Architect that will assisted a Senior Enterprise Architect in identifying and evaluating emerging software technologies, ensuring that new technologies are aligned with the organizations business and the CBP target enterprise architecture, providing recommendations and policies for integrating new technologies into the enterprise, and championing the technologies adoption once approved. The Enterprise Architect will collaborate across multiple BEMSD branches to align application strategies with business strategies and create roadmaps, architectural documents, process documents, and governance documents that define the strategy. As needed, the EA will review projects to adjust and align them with architectural governance policies. The EA will also research, analyze, prototype, and document various tools, technology, framework, and other architectural related topics, as needed.
* Supports advisory services, strategic planning activities and business case development within government agency and across internal organizations.
* Architects complete solutions using appropriate government agency offerings with design elements that allow integration into client environment.
* Develops architectural models and architectural artifacts.
* Develops architectural prototypes to determine the feasibility of technologies, etc.
* Adheres to and promotes appropriate design processes, architectural artifact requirements, and architectural best practices.
* Maintains knowledge of technologies, industry trends, standards, and design techniques.
* Works with client stakeholders to evaluate the solution requirements and supports the management and traceability of requirements during the engagement
* Interfaces with various client organizations on solution implementation progress, technical issues, proper practices, and technical requirements.
* Collaborates with architect peers to efficiently resolve design issues, improve design quality and share high quality information, as well as to define enterprise level design standards, best practices, and processes.
* 5-10 years relevant IT implementation experience
* Understanding of technology solutions and able to present solution and portfolio-level strategy to clients at all levels
* Understanding of technology areas such as Application Development (multi-tier, Web, and / or Mobile), Server Operating Systems, Database / Information Management, Application / Data Security, Application Platforms, Application Integration, Enterprise Content Management, Mobility Solutions, Agile Development, and Social Computing.
* Experience with enterprise level application integration technologies that may include (SOA, SOAP, REST, ICAM, SSO, ESB, XML, etc...), SharePoint, Exchange, LDAP, Certificate authority.
* Experience with mobile and cloud technology.
* Experience in some of the following areas:
* Content management and repository systems
* Online, cloud and mobile platform and technology, biometric
* Deploying enterprise COTS and Saas solutions
* Data mining, business intelligence
* Strong communications skills with the ability to interface with all levels of internal and client project teams.
* Familiarity with applicable industry and government standards and frameworks such as TOGAF, ITIL, ISO standards, FEAF, etc.
* Experience with Component-Based development in Open Source, Java, and/or Microsoft-based technologies. Understands key architectural frameworks, architectural design approaches and development methodologies
* Implementation and experience in related project roles such as system analyst, developer, implementer, integrator, test analyst, team leader and/or software architect
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com .
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - M, F, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.