Mid to Senior Level Information Security Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Sioux Falls, SD
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT) (http://sgt-inc.com) is seeking a Mid to Senior Level Information Security Analyst to join the SGT Team in support of the Center-wide Information Security Services team in providing information security best practices to users and science organizations. SGT is the prime contractor to the USGS Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS) Center (http://eros.usgs.gov/) near Sioux Falls, South Dakota (http://www.siouxfalls.org) providing support in the areas of science, engineering and technical operations. SGT offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
* Ensuring system information security requirements are achieved on complex systems of small, mid-size, or large scope;
* Providing information security expert advice and support during the entire systems engineering life cycle from the specification and analysis of requirements, through the design of hardware or software, procurement, development, to integration, test, operations and maintenance;
* Providing analysis, definition, and the recommendation of information assurance and security requirements for advancing Information Security technologies of computing and network infrastructures.
Education: BS in Computer Security, Computer Science or other related field required; advanced degree is preferred.
Years of Experience: Minimum of 4 years professional experience specifically related to Information Security. Hiring manager has the discretion to substitute directly related professional experience for education.
* Ensure systems are in compliance with NIST 800-53 security control requirements.
* Provide incident response support in order to document incidents, findings and mitigations, audit and compliance.
* Perform vulnerability assessment scans.
* Proven written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
* Knowledgeable with Windows/Linux/Mac systems
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Results oriented.
* Experience developing security plans and other security documents.
* Experience working with Information Security risk assessments, vulnerability assessment, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention and automated log monitoring.
* CISSP or advanced security certification (CISA, CISM) is highly desired.
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire to obtain a badge for facility access and user accounts.
This position will be posted to the career opportunities listing on the SGT website (http://www.sgt-inc.com). This position may be filled by a SGT teammate on the TSSC Contract. Please apply on line.
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.