Middle Market Broker
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 2/6/2017
Willis North America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMiddle Market Broker
Location: Potomac, MD
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson
CORPORATE RISK AND BROKING
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
The Middle Market Broker is responsible for stimulating revenue growth and meeting business objectives by placing new business, improving retention rates and increasing commission rates. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Marketing new business opportunities and securing coverage to meet client needs
* Reviewing renewal business to identify opportunities to broaden coverage and reduce rates
* Contributing to strategic client discussions to help meet their business needs with marketplace solutions
* Cultivating Strong Carrier relationships
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* 5 years of insurance experience required
* Insurance agent s license required within 60 days of employment
* Experience with the placement of Property/Casualty business
* Deep technical knowledge of Insurance Contracts
* Full understanding of various insurance structures
* Full knowledge of E&O Avoidance & Resolution
* Knowledge and understanding of complex risk needs
* Strong negotiation & broker skills
* Solid presentation skills - written and oral
* Client service skills
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Willis is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports Diversity Minority / Female/ Disability / Veteran.