Middle Market Commercial Lines Underwriter -
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCurrently seeking Middle Market Commercial Underwriters for a growing team in Orlando, FL. The ideal candidate will possess Commercial Insurance industry experience with 4+ years of Middle Markets Underwriting experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MIDDLE MARKET COMMERCIAL UNDERWRITER
* Administer and monitor insurance underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating annual rules.
* Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business related needs, as appropriate.
* May provide guidance to lower level associates.
* Develop and maintain relationships with insurance distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
* Support the sales culture by being a help point for agents, brokers and customers. sales representative or other terms that are customary in the unit.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE MIDDLE MARKET COMMERCIAL UNDERWRITER
* Bachelor's degree
* Commercial Insurance industry experiencerequired
* Strong negotiation skills and ability to assess risk effectively
* Four or more years of Middle Markets Underwriting experience
* Knowledge of insurance underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines.
* Knowledge of processing methods and workflow procedures
* Travel up to 40% in the assigned territory
* Experience using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* In-depth knowledge of line/s of business and legal and regulatory guidelines.
* CPCU or other insurance designation