Middle Office Preferred Service Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
The Middle Office Team supports Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs), Banks, Money Managers and the SEI Wealth Network by providing exceptional administrative services to high-net-worth clients. Middle Office Regional Consultants must have a strong client oriented approach and should possess an understanding of the mutual fund and securities business and have a strong willingness to learn the investment management operations business. Middle Office Regional Consultants are dedicated to providing the absolute highest level of service, back office support, and personal account management to clients within the Advisor, Enterprise and Wealth channels. SEI is seeking individuals with the superior client service skills necessary to meet client expectations and support our goal of 100% client satisfaction.
This position is responsible for providing account and operational management to clients within the Advisor Network through extensive daily support and interaction. This will involve acquiring a working knowledge of the investment management business, SEI Funds, products and processes necessary to effectively respond to all inquiries from investment advisors. Individuals must work with the market unit sales staff and SEI Private Trust Company to coordinate client investment activities. Additional responsibilities include:
* Heavy interaction with internal and external clients, as well as teammates, on the telephone, email and in person in a professional and accurate manner
* Cultivate and maintain close client relationships through proactive measures and creative customer service
* Educate the client and assist them in implementing the best possible practices to more effectively use Middle Office products and services to meet their business needs
* Interpret monetary requests to determine the correct course of action. This requires an understanding of the high net worth client s goals and objectives as well an understanding of SEI s guidelines and procedures.
* Determine the best course of action when a request is deemed not in good order . In many cases this discretionary decision dictates SEI s level of responsibility should a dispute arise related to the action taken.
* Develop an in-depth understanding of the IRS retirement account processing rules as they relates to IRA s and Qualified Plans.
* Identify Advisor related processing issues to ensure accurate completion of the submitted request and provide value added servicing.
* Develop a deep understanding of the current compliance related rules that govern the Financial Services Industry including but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Late Day Trading, Privacy Act and the US Patriot Act. Display the ability to apply these rules through the course of completing a client request for service.
* Participate in departmental projects to improve the current processes and/or systems.
* Maintain the highest level of confidentiality, quality and privacy.
* BS/BA in Accounting or Finance preferred.
* Minimum 2 years related work experience preferred
* Knowledge of financial and/or investment services preferred
* Strong dedication to quality customer service
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Exceptional interpersonal skills/team player
* Ability to handle multiple tasks
* Ability to work under pressure
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to work effectively and productively with others.
* Effectively coordinate, perform and complete multiple duties and assignments concurrently and in a timely manner.
* Ability to prioritize in a high volume environment.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Must be a team player with an ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Knowledge of Excel and Word for Windows.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment may require an individual to move around the office and from building to building which may expose the individual to weather conditions outside. The individual has to be able to sit or be stationary at a computer and use computers for extended periods of time and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the environment is moderate and the individual must be able to communicate and exchange information with people in person and over the telephone and email.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.