- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
(Middleware Engineer) IV
This position is responsible for monitoring, supporting, and participating in the implementations / enhancements and operations of Middleware Engineering platforms and services.
* Design, implement and follow engineering standards and guidelines to design, build, and operate Middleware technology solutions in support of business applications.
* Perform day to day operations to maintain 24X7 SLAs for business functions and resolve issues through level2 / level 3 for all services under the control of the Middleware Engineering team.
* Represent Middleware team in Change Review meetings.
* Develop and implement appropriate troubleshooting tools/ technologies / strategies for proactively identifying problems including steps to quickly triage issues leading to faster time to resolution.
* Communicate effectively within and across multiple teams including vendors when required.
* Track and document Middleware infrastructure implementation components across applications and technologies.
* Produce documentation of Middleware environments and partner with associated teams in creating operations documents.
* Keep abreast of the latest developments in the Middleware technology space.
* Recommend adoption of new technologies and solutions to improve operational excellence.
* Participate in on call support rotations.
* Minimum three years of experience in operationally supporting Middleware technologies including Application server (IBM WAS), IBM WebSphere Portal, IIS / IHS, and Messaging (IBM MQ).
* Working experience with IBM WebSphere DataPower Integration appliances is a plus.
* Working knowledge of Middleware technologies and operational process.
* Experience with Linux, AIX, and Windows operating systems.
* Experience working in both virtualized and cloud environments.
* Prior experience in end to end Middleware/systems automation and orchestration using vendor products or open source tools.
* Broad understanding of Security protocols including HTTPS, SSL.
* Working knowledge of Unix Shell scripting/Python/standard scripting tools.
* Experience in building and rolling out Middleware environments in topologies that meet both High availability and Disaster Recovery requirements.
* Experience in maintaining configuration and knowledge management database.
* Experience in building / running CI-CD pipelines in a DevOps setup is a plus.
* Ability to learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research.
* Implementation requirements may result in extended hours and weekend work.
* Requires strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are critical, along with the ability to lead team or individual presentations.
* Requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of personnel.
* Excellent customer service.
* Ability to work independently and as a team.
* Ability to develop and follow project plans.
* Bachelor's degree with requires 3+ years of related IT work experience.
* Certification in relevant Middleware technologies is a plus.
* 3+ years related IT work experience
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law.