This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
About the Plant
The Omaha South mill was originally built in the early 1900 s on an artesian well. The original mill structure is still being used today, but various additions have been added over the years. 36 team members strong, we started off our fiscal year by surpassing 700 days injury free! The flour produced here is used in breads and rolls, pastries, bagels, tortillas and breakfast cereals.
The Shift Miller is a central role in the milling process that is the core of our business. Areas of responsibilities are flour milling, wheat cleaning and tempering, record keeping, sanitation, planning, coordinating, and communication. This position is critical for promoting safety, quality, milling efficiencies, and helping achieve the company s goals and objectives. This position will work any and all shifts.
* Maximize milling efficiencies in the plant on a daily basis by focusing on adjustment and operation of cleaning house and mill equipment.
* Troubleshoot equipment, optimize the mill flow sheet, and solve flow problems.
* Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned including working on plant teams, providing input on capital projects, and center-lining.
* Perform sanitation duties as assigned.
* Determine, plan, and execute on mill maintenance items directly related to milling efficiencies such as roll changes, roll issues, sifter work, equipment pm and maintenance. Perform minor repairs and maintenance of milling equipment and other plant equipment.
* Using computers to operate mill process equipment, document production reports, and shift re-post, including mill and maintenance issues. Fill out work orders, update data in the OEE tool, communicate issues and propose corrective actions. Use SAP to open and close mill process orders.
* Interact with scheduler, elevator, blender, quality team, maintenance, and packer to communicate workflow, milling schedule, and equipment issues.
* Assist as needed within the facility in other areas, including but not limited to feed loadout, bulk loadout and packaging.
* Employee Safety, Food Safety and Product Quality are of equal value to Milling Efficiency when performing the duties of Miller.
Skills & Experience
* High School Education; college course work or degree is desirable.
* 1+ years experience in plant operations.
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to work rotating shifts.
* Strong Leadership Behaviors.
* Demonstrated Safety and Food Safety Champion Behaviors.
* Strong Interpersonal Skills (communication, coaching, setting expectations, providing feedback.
* Demonstrated problem solving/decision making skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and lead others to work as a team.
* Attention to detail.
* Experience with several computer applications including but not limited to .Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
* Ability to communicate clearly; orally and in written form.
* Demonstrates mechanical aptitude.
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.