Millwright - GER00992
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
- Receives instructions covering the scheduled and emergency repair, installation and inspection work to be done.
- Inspects plant equipment for defects, such as misalignment, wear, insufficient lubrication, etc.
- Determines the best way of making repairs to minimize interruption of production. Advises when immediate shut down of equipment is necessary to minimize damage or when temporarily continued operation will have no harmful effect.
- Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, installs, maintains, assemblies and lubricates mechanical equipment. Adjust equipment for proper repairs. Assemblies and aligns gears, bearings and shafts, involving the application of press, sliding and running fits.
- Performs all rigging as necessary.
- Operates machine tools, such as drill press, pipe threading machine, power saw, etc.
- Performs all mechanical repairs as required on cranes.
- Lay outs, installs, maintains and repairs all types of pipe lines, fittings, fixtures and pressure systems as required.
- Repairs leaks in hydraulic, air, gas or water system. Replaces straight sections of pipe that have sprung leaks. Removes and installs complete operating components (cylinders, oil motors, four-way valves, check valves which are purchased spare parts and whose internal working components are spares for assemblies on production units). Repair pumps, compressors, blowers, etc.
- Changes, set up and adjust equipment as required by current operating conditions.
- Works with repair crews as directed on emergency break downs.
- Completes necessary reports on Preventive Maintenance and other equipment inspection checklist.
- Perform water test as required.
- Document all work performed on Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- All other tasks assigned by management.
- Performs light welding where required in association with routine/emergency repair work.
- Observes good housekeeping and safety on the jobsite and maintenance shop. Duties & Responsibilities
QUALITY RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Machinery must be maintained to obtain the highest quality possible
- Employee will follow current quality policies and practices to strive for zero defects and continuous improvements.
SAFETY RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must lock out all equipment prior to repairing it.
- Must perform all repairs following Gerdau Safety Policies.
- Observe and follow all departmental safety rules and regulations (inc. Cardinal Safety Rules).
COST/PRODUCTION RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All equipment must be maintained to minimize plant down time.
ENVIRONMENTAL RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employee is expected to know, understand, and follow all applicable Federal, State, and Local environmental legal requirements and practices.
- Responsible for and completing all required annual safety and environmental training (inc. fugitive dust).
- Responsible for spill prevention, containment, response and clean up or assist in cleanup of material spills.
- Tasks which have significant environmental impacts are (i.e. process pond water, spill prevention, KO61 dust (bag house dust) PM's and calibration of equipment).
Note: The information listed in this description reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principal functions of the job identified. This information is not to be construed as a list of the work details and requirements that this job may be required to perform from time to time.
The incumbent is responsible for his/her safety as well as his/her colleagues, seeking continuous improvement related to employee's health and safety, environment and the process efficiency and customer's satisfaction with the quality of products and services. All efforts must be directed for preventive actions. The Individual
TRAINING AND/OR BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS:
* Must have GED or High School Diploma
- 1 year experience in craft with Journeyman's Card (in craft) or
- 6 years experience in craft without Journeyman's Card or
- 8 years experience in related craft
NEW/EXISTING EMPLOYEES MUST ALSO HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Pass all testing requirements
- Complete training checklist for this position
Salary & Benefits Additional Agency Job Board Text
Gerdau offers excellent benefits!
Medical and Prescription
Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
Health Advocate Services
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Reimbursement Program Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org.