This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Global Recruiting Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONMINE MANAGER
Newkirk, OK (Relocation provided)
(Newkirk is close to Ponca City and about 2 hours away from Oklahoma City)
Under the general direction of the Oklahoma Mine Operations Director, the Mine Manager is primarily responsible for managing the daily activities of a designated mine site to consistently produce the required raw materials on time at the correct quantity and quality in a cost effective and safe way through a motivated workforce. Experienced Mine Manager managing 15-30 employees for one site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manages the mining and processing operations to achieve maximum productivity and availability at the lowest cost per ton.
* Hires, provides training, growth opportunities, support and guidance to approximately 15-20 mining personnel; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines employees; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
* Plans and organizes daily activities of mine personnel with the Mine Foreman to execute blasting, extraction and hauling of aggregates.
* Coordinates mine operations activities with Mine Foreman, and Maintenance and Processing departments to ensure that the strategic operational goals for the mine are met.
* Participates in the development and implementation of short-term mine plans.
* Enforces performance targets and measures and uses systems to assess the performance of the mine and direct reports; reviews progress to ensure achievement of targets; develops strategies for increasing productivity.
* Facilitates performance and compliance audits and ensures adherence to minimum standards.
* Responsible for the proper maintenance and use of heavy machinery.
* Ensures that safety, health and environmental legal and company standards are complied with, emphasizing safety as a top priority.
SKILLS understanding of business implications of decisions.
* Ability to think strategically and creatively in generating solutions.
* Highly organized and capable of effective, efficient multi-tasking.
* Works independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees.
* Must have strong oral and written communication skills and must be able to effectively present information to others.
* Flexibility to work effectively in a changing environment. Ability to adapt to changes in work environment, work assignments, and/or changes in priorities.
THE HIRING COMPANY
Our client originally began as a small family operation supplying gypsum to the family farm and neighbors. Over the years the company developed the mining business by supplying raw gypsum rock to nearby manufacturers of Portland cement. As its market area expanded, gypsum reserves and production capacity also expanded and capital investments were made to upgrade to modern mining equipment and improve infrastructure. In 1994, it's mine #2 was named the largest single gypsum mine in the United States by the U.S. Department of the Interior Publication. Today, the total gypsum reserves of the company are estimated to be in excess of a quarter of a billion tons.