Minerals Lab Manager; Black Butte Mine - Point of Rocks, Wyoming
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
SGS North America
Point Of Rocks, WY
JOB DESCRIPTIONSGS is the world s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.
* Coordinate all efforts involved in the receipt, analysis, documentation, and processing of samples through the laboratory in a timely manner that coincides with expected reporting requirements to meet client expectations.
* Submission of samples to contract laboratories for additional analysis when required.
* Verification and documentation of all standard and quality control samples, including the generation of charts and graphs, as required by company policies.
* Area Operations Manager
* Schedule laboratory personnel as needed to ensure that all samples are properly received, identified, prepared, and analyzed in a timely manner.
* Determine the priority status of all samples in each day s lab batch and ensure the expedited processing of samples to meet client s requirements.
* Personally train all new laboratory technicians and reinforce their training with copies of applicable ASTM, or other current standards being used to prepare samples.
* Develop and maintain maintenance schedules for all equipment located in the laboratory
* Responsible for purchasing all laboratory equipment and supplies. A written list of all items required will be developed and reviewed with the branch manager prior to purchase. These lists should be reviewed periodically for content and effectiveness.
* Perform annual performance evaluations on all laboratory technicians.
* Review all round robin and quality control data on a daily basis and update all quality control logs and charts as required.
* Develop a storage system where all laboratory worksheets, notebooks, tablets, and other paperwork or files can be stored to comply with company Records Retention schedule.
* Responsible for enforcing all safety rules and regulations. This applies to all persons employed in the laboratory as well as anyone visiting or passing through the affected areas.
* Schedule and conduct a review meeting once each month with laboratory techs for the purpose of reviewing and/or updating procedures, discussing existing or potential problems, reinforcing safety rules, and detailing work schedules.
* Responsible for ensuring that all calibrations, standardizations, and equipment maintenance are performed at the specified times, that they are in accordance with all company procedures and specifications, and the results of these tests are recorded in all logs.
* Instruct all new employees on the confidentiality aspects of analytical reports and information, and perform periodic reviews.
* Other duties as may be assigned
* Bachelor s Degree in Chemistry, preferred
* Associates Degree with a strong emphasis in Chemistry and Mathematics required
* Minimum two years experience working in a laboratory closely with analyzing samples
* Two five years experience performing similar duties
* Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, material safety data sheets, and procedure manuals.
* Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
* Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, and volumes.
* Able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
* Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Basic knowledge of computers, calculators, copy machines, and fax machines. Should be familiar with Microsoft Office products. Should be mechanically inclined with excellent organizational skills.
* Must be physically capable of lifting 50 pounds, sometimes to a height of four feet.
* Must be physically capable of bending, stooping, twisting, and extended reaching in order to perform some of the equipment maintenance.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.