Mining Engineer - Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
The Mining Engineer Supervisor ensures the safe and efficient development of the surface mine and operations. The role combines an understanding of the impact on the surrounding environment, as well as technical knowledge and management skills.
* Function as a safety leader in the quarry by demonstrating a personal commitment to working safely and ensuring that the plant continues to eliminate work related risks by increased use of hazard recognition techniques; function as a strong advocate and leader in promoting a safe working environment for all employees at the plant; conduct effective monthly safety meetings
* Support quarry team(s) and quarry operation(s) at projected costs or lower
* Promote continuous improvement in quality to meet or exceed targets
* Responsible for long term, medium and short term mine plans, and updating mine permits.
* Provide training for quarry supervisors, quarry operators and computer technicians using QSO, AutoCad, and other quarry management tools. Coordinate and facilitate Quarry Circles.
* Provide leadership in cross functional team activities
* Planning of quarry long term production activities to support plant(s) production including, but not limited to, optimization, quality, safety, productivity, budgeting, capex, cost control, permitting, volumetric calculations.
* Supervision of mobile equipment shop
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/University Degree
Preferred field of study: Mining Engineering
Required Work Experience: 3-5 years of mining operations. Cement or related industry experience strongly preferred. Prior supervision experience a plus.
Travel Requirements: 5%
Computer and Software Skills: Proficient in MS-Office, AutoCad and familiar with mine planning software
Other: Proficient with Survey Skills ( RTK / Static), proficient GPS Survey Skills, knowledge of SAP helpful.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Self-starting and able to work with minimum supervision with solid decision-making abilities.
* Ability to interact and support other departments and participate professionally and effectively in meetings; able to gain commitment(s).
* Must be an effective leader
* Ability to effectively plan mining activities.
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* High safety awareness
* Sets high standards of professional performance for self and others
Lafarge North America Inc., Holcim (US) Inc., and Aggregate Industries Management, Inc., and their affiliates, are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES :
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE: