Mirth Support Manager - (Costa Mesa, CA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Costa Mesa, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY QSI/NextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Mirth Support Manager (Costa Mesa, CA)
The Manger of Support will provide leadership and oversee the day to day activities of all Mirth related support personnel. This resource should have a well-rounded technical background and should be capable of understanding complex technical issues and provide guidance to the team. In addition to the technical skills, they will also work closely with customers to maintain a robust communication channel. Lastly, they must closely watch the group s metrics and take appropriate action to address issues as they arise.
* Continually monitors team and individual performance against company objectives, customer requests and SLA s. As opportunities are identified; addresses performance, adjust process or refine methodologies.
* Develops support methodologies that are forward looking and standardized. Seeks to continually improve on delivery in an increasingly efficient way. Ability to effectively communicate these refined methodologies to all members of the support team, internal stakeholders and customers.
* Manages the staffing levels within support and balances the current workload with available staff. The Support Manager will recruit qualified staff and will then ensure that they are adequately on boarded to our standardized support methodologies. And, will ensure that the performance of new resources meet company standards.
* Facilitates communication between both internal and external stakeholders with the main goal of maintaining strong relationships that enable all interested parties to understand support procedures and are clear on the escalation paths. Keeps key participants informed through the various communication tools that have been and will be developed. The manager should keep the support team fully informed of all relevant information on an ongoing basis.
* Maintains overall ownership and a view over all support issues. Escalates critical issues to the appropriate team members and identifies those chronic issues that need Product Management or Development attention and provides appropriate feedback to those teams. Above all, keeps customers informed through the various communication tools or channels.
* Required Qualifications:
* 3 5 years as an innovative leader in a technical support call center or other similar work environments.
* 8+ years of experience working with healthcare software development, support or implementation.
* Demonstrated leadership capabilities that has produced high performing teams and has the capability to quickly develop entry level employees into high performing team members.
* Effectively manages internal/external customer expectations with the ability to provide appropriate resources to resolve issues in a timely manner.
* Ability to effectively analyze support metrics and to take appropriate action based on the data presented.
* Strong ability to effectively manage simultaneous competing priorities by both delegation and active problem solving.
* Proven ability to proactively identify challenges and to adjust methodology to address those challenges.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with various levels of leadership.
* Some travel required.
* Other duties as dictated by company needs.
* BS in Information Systems, Computer Programming or equivalent experience.
* Some familiarity with Java, PostgreSQL, and Linux.
* Experience with the Mirth Platform.
* Previous experience in a clinical setting supporting or implementing healthcare related software.
* Familiar with Healthcare Information Exchange (HIE) and the integration/interoperability necessary to enable success in those environments.
* Master s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Programming, Business Administration or Health Services Administration.
QSI/NextGen believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because QSI/NextGen believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.