Mission Support Shift Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Chugach Alaska Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer, Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/ General Description of Job:
Under direction of the Supervisor, employee will plan, organize, schedule, and provide direct supervision for shift personnel. Ensure efficient operation, repair and preventative maintenance for all MSG, Bldg 32 and JWST activities.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
* Works directly with other supervisors and technicians to accomplish all services under the statement of work (i.e. hot/cold calls, PMs, outages, repairs, etc.).
* Supervises and directs work schedules for shift personnel.
* Conducts random inspections to review current/ on-going work to ensure the highest levels of standards are met.
* Inspects and diagnoses problems to determine corrective actions/repairs needed.
* Confers with the MSG Supervisor regarding discipline to status change for shift personnel.
* Interfaces with the customer as required to maximize productivity and minimize lost time.
* Responds to emergency site maintenance as required.
* Confers with and advises the MSG Supervisor regarding the status of maintenance projects and priorities.
* Keeps the MSG Supervisor appraised of unique situations and problems.
* Performs other related work as required or assigned.
* Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
* Adherence to all safety, environmental and health rules and regulations.
* Harmoniously working with other employees and customers.
* Two (2) years experience supervising facilities operations and maintenance related work.
* Eight (8) years experience as an Electrician or HVAC Mechanic.
* Graduation from a technical, vocational, trade school or equivalent.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
* Must be available to work other shifts as needed.
* Extensive knowledge of hand and power tools.
* Extensive knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
* Mature judgment and ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
* Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially Excel.
* Valid drivers license.
* U.S. Citizenship.
* Ability to pass pre-hire background and drug screen.
* Experience with Maximo or similar computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)