Mission Support Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Cherokee Nation Research Laboratories
Fort Belvoir, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client, a government agency located at Fort Belvoir, whose main function is threat reduction, is in need of a specialist to aid in that mission.
We are seeking a Mission Support Specialist supporting element assigned to the Standards and Training Office. Primary duties are to provide logistical coordination/support for primarily assigned JMAA teams, but on as needed basis support the coordination requirements of other department personnel. The Mission Support Specialist supports the assigned Team Chief or senior government person for each assessment.
• Producing and disseminating the “120-day” advance planning data request messages sent to each to-be assessed installation using the DTRA Decision Agent System as well as
providing follow-up communication via email, fax, and phone.
• Coordinating Team visits with each installation’s primary point of contact for the visit and other identified personnel depending upon the scope of the assessment.
• Coordinating trip preparation with the designated team point of contact based on established milestones and Standard Operating Procedures and notifying the
Team Chief within 25 days of departure if there are issues with trip preparation.
• Preparing travel arrangements for each assessment by producing travel orders within the Defense Travel System (DTS) and coordinating with the agency’s travel office. The Mission Support Specialist will
attempt to procure the most economical travel for the team that meets mission requirements. However, the specialist will not violate established DoD, DTRA, and Dept travel policies.
• Function as the Defense Travel Management Office representative to assist employees with establishing DTS accounts and assist leadership with reconciling travel vouchers
• Transmit security and country theater clearances for each government and contractor employee for assigned missions.
• Assist in preparing routine administrative documents for the Joint Mission Assurance Assessment (JMAA) Division and the Standards and Training Office
• Provide the Department’s Program Analyst with updates to the Division’s Travel Spend Plan. Provide travel cost estimates when requested.
• Knowledge and experience in coordinating logistical requirements for teams or groups of personnel.
• Experience in the use of the Defense Travel System (DTS).
• Ability to effectively communicate via written and oral means.
• Knowledge of the federal travel requirements.
• Experience working with SharePoint.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with little to no supervision.
• Experience using the APACS.
• Understanding of how to use the Foreign Clearance Guide
• Active Secret is a must!!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job # 10512 online at www.cherokee-cnts.com
Cherokee Nation Research Laboratories brings added management and operational infrastructure to support OSU - University Multispectral Laboratories’ expanding initiatives in the defense and homeland security sectors, including notable scientific research and development, unmanned aerial systems programs, and the integration of intelligence capabilities into application platforms and architectures. As part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses security and defense division, CNRL provides comprehensive services and core competencies in applied science, engineering and design, systems integration and testing, rapid prototyping, and precision manufacturing to build upon UML’s current capabilities.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf