Mixed Signal Validation Engineer - Amplifiers
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis position is part of the Pre-Silicon Emulation / Post-Silicon Validation team that is focused on bringing leading edge Mixed Signal Audio chips to market. You will play a fundamental role in bringing to market next-generation devices for Cirrus growing audio amplifier business and ensuring that those devices meet customer requirements.
* Validate complex IC designs involving Class AB/D audio amplifiers, Buck/Boost converters, charge pumps, ADCs/DACs, PLLs and Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
* Develop and define test requirements on the lab bench per the validation plan during pre-silicon and post-silicon phases of the product to ensure functionality and performance as per the datasheet
* Analyze test results and identify failures/defects
* Collaborate and communicate closely with IC Design engineers, Systems engineers and Application engineers to understand design requirements and customer use cases
* Think beyond the datasheet and around design corners to find elusive bugs. Able to think of test cases and customer usage model that may violate the assumptions of designers and systems engineers
* Develop automated test framework, regression test suites in MATLAB and/or LabVIEW to optimize validation efficiency
* Work with validation peers to implement best practices and continuous improvements to Cirrus Logic validation methodologies
* Debug analog/digital silicon issues and Validation software or hardware issues
Required Skills and Qualifications
* BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 5+ years of experience in related field OR MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 3+ years of experience in relevant areas such as pre and/or post silicon validation, mixed-signal IP block design/validation, audio related signal processing and algorithm, validation-related automation framework
* Familiarity with scripting/programming languages such as MATLAB, C, Python, LabVIEW or similar
* Solid hands-on experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, audio analyzers, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers for measurement and debugging issues
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
* Experience in various automation framework hardware tools (FPGA, DSP, ARM, 8051, JTAG, NI Data Acquisition) or software tools/languages (Scripting languages as MATLAB, C, Python, SQL, test sequencers such as NI Teststand)
* Data visualization, analysis and presentation skills using tools like Spotfire, etc
* Demonstrated aptitude in system understanding of various industry interface standards such as I2C, SPI, USB, UART, I2S, TDM or high-speed control/data bus as examples
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Individuals seeking employment at Cirrus Logic are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.