Mixed Signal Validation Engineer 9/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This position is part of the Pre-Silicon Emulation / Post-Silicon Validation team focused on bringing leading edge Mixed Signal Audio chips to market. Cirrus Logic s Audio chips enable an incredible audio experience with highly integrated platform level functionality in terms of performance while delivering lowest power consumption and highest efficiency.
* Develop and execute tests on the lab bench per the validation plan during pre-silicon and post-silicon phases of the product to ensure functionality and performance as per the datasheet.
* Develop automated test framework and regression test suites in MATLAB and/or LabVIEW to optimize validation efficiency
* Work with validation peers to implement best practices and continuous improvements to Cirrus Logic validation methodologies
* Collaborate closely with IC Design engineers, Systems engineers and Application engineers to understand requirements and use cases.
* Debug analog/digital silicon issues, board issues and Validation software/hardware tools issues.
* Analyze test results and identify failures/defects using business intelligence tools such as Spotfire.
* Design mixed-signal boards for silicon validationand FPGA emulation. This involves schematic capture, layout, Verilog FPGA development and board bring up.
* Develop and work with supporting HW (FPGA, DSP, ARM, 8051, JTAG, debuggers) and SW (Scripting, Schematic capture, C, firmware) collaterals
Required Skills and Qualifications
* BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 2-5 years of experience OR MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 0-3 years of experience with a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
* Experience with scripting or programming languages such as MATLAB, LabVIEW, C, Python or similar.
* Experience in designing mixed signal boards and FPGA Verilog coding
* Solid hands-on experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, audio analyzers, logic analyzers or spectrum analyzers for measurement and debugging issues.
* Sound electrical engineering knowledge in analog, digital, power electronics or audio engineering. This includes mixed signal building blocks such as ADC, DAC, PLLs, amplifiers, signal processing and measurement, IC control/communication protocols.
* Self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail are highly valued as you will need to understand silicon, board and software interactions.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience in various automation framework hardware tools (FPGA, DSP, NI Data Acquisition) or software tools/languages (Scripting languages, SQL, test sequencers such as NI Teststand, Spotfire, schematic capture tools)
* Demonstrated aptitude in system understanding of various industry interface standards such as I2C, SPI, USB, I2S, TDM or high-speed control/data bus as examples.
* For new grads, prior internship is desired
Individuals seeking employment at Cirrus Logic are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.