Momentive Performance Materials USA LLC
New Smyrna, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Based in Waterford, New York, Momentive Performance Materials Inc. is a global leader in silicones, quartz and advanced materials, with a 70-year heritage of innovation and being first to market with performance applications that improve everyday life. Our solutions are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living and we work closely with some of the biggest brands in B2B and consumer worlds, covering a broad range of markets - from aerospace and automotive, to building and construction, personal care, and electronics.
Momentive materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Momentive, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Momentive, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
* Ensure that all safety equipment is readily available and that all guards are in place.
* Refer to mixing formulas for proper amounts, weights and sequences of chemicals required for batch mixes.
* To operate multiple type mixers blending computer added, as well as manually added chemicals into a wide variety of caulks and sealants, cleaning vats and mixers when required.
* To work closely with lab techs and engineering personnel while mixing experimental batches, correcting out of specification material and/or performing re-work procedures.
* To perform quality control checks when required ensuring that every batch falls within lab provided specifications.
* Order and receive all chemicals and raw materials used in the production of caulks, sealants, ensure that they are stored and handled in the correct manner as specified by SDS guidelines.
* Capable of operating a forklift and becoming certified.
* As directed, carry out any other tasks of equal or less difficulty.
* To maintain work area clean and orderly manner, especially at the close of each day.
* To maintain and produce accurate written production records on every batch made.
* To receive and relay vital verbal communication with co-workers concerning daily production strategies on assigned mix lines.
* To become knowledgeable of all caulks and sealants made within the department and the equipment and materials used in producing them.
* Support and participate is Site Safety Teams and Lean Initiatives
* Display strong Teamwork and Initiative.
* Wear proper PPE;
* Follow all Safety Policies and complete required annual training.
* Recognize all safety and environmental hazards and report to supervisors
* Set an example for co-workers on proper safety practices
* Identify areas needing special attention and notify supervisor.
High School Diploma or GED
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.