This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Auto Req ID
A Mobile Operating Engineer is responsible to assist in the hands on maintenance of building systems for the safe, efficient, and proper operations of all assigned properties. Engineer will perform minor repairs and helps in the operation, monitoring, and performance of preventive maintenance on the building systems as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* A high school diploma or GED is required.
* A minimum four (4) years experience in the building maintenance industry required.
* Performance of ongoing preventive and repair response work orders on facility mechanical, electrical and other installed systems, equipment, and other components (only if licensed to perform otherwise this should be changed to: Oversight and assistance with ongoing preventative and repair response work orders for facility mechanical, electrical and other installed systems, equipment, and other components.
* Responsible for maintaining assigned vehicle per JLL Mobile Engineering Policies, including but not limited to cleaning, scheduled maintenance and repairs, reporting.
* Ability to quickly learn building systems including but not limited to fire sprinkler, plumbing, electrical, utilizing on the job training, operations manuals and documentation.
* Performs predictive, planned, preventative and routine maintenance as well as equipment rounds and service requests as directed. Performs maintenance in accordance with the JLL Preventative Maintenance Program. Performs unscheduled maintenance calls, including plumbing, locksmith, minor equipment malfunctions, electrical and lighting, and light carpentry repairs (sheetrock, ceiling/vinyl tile, door repairs, etc.).
* Responsible for changing light bulbs, filters, ceiling tiles, belts on air handlers, janitorial service for vacant spaces and meter rooms, trash pickup, monthly property inspections, and other corrective maintenance.
* Performs minor painting projects as required.
* Performs all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with established work standards and practices.
* Performs visual and operational inspection of associated equipment and interprets specifications, blueprints and job standards to perform assigned duties. Assist with Tenant and Building project oversight.
* Determines and/or assists with analyzing and resolving work problems and achieving work goals
* Maintains time and production records and customer service requests. .
* Maintains responsibility for tenant services, preventative maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency.
* Performs and/or completes all tenant service requests accurately and expediently.
* Periodically acts as the on-call engineer for the portfolio of industrial buildings.
* Actively participates in emergency response procedures, technical and safety training programs.
* Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
* Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected of the Engineer role.
* Assist with oversight and scheduling of property vendors.
* Perform vacant space make ready work and repairs for interior and exterior areas, including walls, flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, vacant space clean up, etc.
* Assist with Industrial and Engineering Compliance Audits.
* Ability to read and understand site plans.
* Assist with location of property shut offs and cleanouts.
* Should be knowledgeable in the safe and proper use of the following tools: ladders, man lifts, basic hand tools, cordless drills, volt meter, manual drain auger, hand trucks, safety goggles, ear protection, and fire extinguisher.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as load balancing, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
* Have the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
* Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock, moving mechanical parts, heights up to 30 and roofs.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions as well as very cold and uncomfortable heat while inside and out of the facility.
* The noise level in the work environment is at times moderately loud.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* Current (State) driver s license with clean driving record.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $58.3 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most