Mobile Maintenance Service Technician I 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sunoco fuel can be found in 27 states, and its brand recognized worldwide as the official racing fuel of NASCAR, INDYCAR, the National Hot Rod Association, the American Motorcyclist Association and more than 50 other racing series. Sunoco's commitment to performance and innovation continues, driving a new period of expansion.
Sunoco LP (NYSE: SUN) is a master limited partnership whose territory ranges from Maine to Hawaii, and we continue to expand. Sunoco LP that operates approximately 1,340 convenience stores (including APlus, Stripes, Aloha Island Mart and Tigermarket brands) and retail fuel sites, and distributes motor fuel to convenience stores, independent dealers, commercial customers and distributors located in 30 states at approximately 6,800 sites.
Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (NYSE: ETE) owns SUN's general partner and incentive distribution rights. The Energy Transfer family of companies controls approximately 71,000 miles of pipelines, supplying major fuels throughout the country
A career with Sunoco is about committing yourself to things that matter, including great customer service, quality performance, teamwork, integrity, and pride. At Sunoco we have a passion for creativity, new ideas and teamwork and we are looking for the best and brightest talent.
Maintains and repairs machinery and equipment in the mobile truck and stores.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs routine preventive maintenance and technical repairs to ensure that equipment continues to operate to manufacturer's specifications and the physical condition of the mobile truck and store does not deteriorate.
* Dismantles equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts.
* Inspect, operate and test equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
* Diagnose equipment problems and determine how to correct them as necessary.
* Assists in the installation of equipment resulting from special projects as assigned.
* Maintain parts and supplies needed for job completion and accounts for appropriate levels.
* Records maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work by completing the Service Work Orders (SWO) in a timely manner.
* Completes transfer forms for accurate inventory part counts and proper allocation.
* Develops and maintains a culture of safety and participates in all safety meetings.
* Maintains company vehicle and scheduled maintenance per company standard policies.
* Assist Service Supervisor in cost control efforts.
* Performs various duties as assigned
* Ability to drive a service vehicle safely and able to travel long distances when necessary.
* Willingness to train new technicians.
* Must possess plumbing, electrical, mechanical and diagnostic skills in compliance with local and state National Electrical Codes (NEC).
* Ability to troubleshoot medium to complex mechanical/electrical problems.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to interact with store personnel, customers, and management in a professional courteous manner.
* Ability to perform basic computer skills, and perform the basic arithmetic operations (add, subtract, multiple, divide.)
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
* Employee performs approximately 50% of work indoors, outside work will be required.
* Employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions.
* Reasonable workplace accommodations will be made for people with a disability.
* Employee must possess standard tool set.
* Employee must be able to utilize the following electric equipment: common hand and power tools, Hammers, drills, wrenches, saw, paint strippers, power washer, ladders, etc.
* Employee must utilize and operate a forklift, and pallet jack.
* Employee must handle liquids, and certain cleaning solvents.
* Committed to work assigned hours.
* Must be able to work flexible hours (night, weekends, holidays, and perhaps on-call duty.)
* Stores operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
* Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds from ground to overhead, or 40 pounds from ground to waist level, up to thirty minutes of workday (i.e., to assisting in stocking/maintaining inventory levels.)
* Ability to lift and/or carry up to 60 pounds from ground to waist level (i.e., replenish soda fountain syrups.)
* Ability to push and pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (i.e., utilizing hand truck.)
* Ability to bend at the waist with some twisting up to one hour of the workday.
* Ability to grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands up to all day. This handwork requires eye-hand coordination and may require bilateral coordination of hands, up to four hours of the workday.
* May be required to climb a ladder, or stool, kneel, crouch or crawl to reach and work at heights above..