Mobile Publisher Business Development 8/20/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Client:
Our client is a well-supported startup backed by one of the industry's most recognized venture capital firms. They are committed to tackling the problem of mobile web monetization form premium publishers. Their agile platform helps publishers drive revenue from their existing content by identifying and implementing native display and video impressions through a programmatic RTB platform. To continue their growth and build a presence in the US our client is seeking a veteran Head of Business and Publisher Development. This crucial hire will be a proven sales leader responsible for creating deep relationships with top Comscore publishers as well as eventually building out the US office. This individual must be a driven individual capable of hitting the ground running and thriving with minimal oversight.
* Own and maintain complete control of the sales funnel from prospecting and demoing to contract negotiations and closes.
* Maintain deep knowledge of the competitive landscape
* Work closely with the executive management team to optimize pipeline management and forecasting
* Own and drive adoption of direct contacts, Tier I, and Tier II publisher development lifecycle.
* Develop robust relationships with Publishers' executive-level decision makers, influencers and key members
* Track, analyze and communicate quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to partners
* Work with signed partners to assist with the integration process and ensure successful launch
* BA/BS degree of higher
* 7+ years of experience in the media industry, with a focus on selling to publishers and/or entertainment/production companies
* Strong rolodex of key publishers and relationships with senior business development executives
* Demonstrated track record to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans with content partners
* Broad knowledge in the Internet advertising and publisher technologies space with a focus on mobile revenue generation.
* Experience of early stage businesses is desirable but it is critical that this executive possesses a hunter mentalit