Mobile Service Technician - Mechanic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Compact Power Equipment Rental
JOB DESCRIPTIONSeeking CUSTOMER FOCUSED, Energetic, Problem Solvers, to join our growing TEAM!
MUST RESIDE WITHIN 20 MILES OF TARGET CITY
Compact Power Equipment Rental - We operate in over 1000 locations of The Home Depot across the US and Canada, offering large towable equipment rental and on-site equipment delivery. The Compact Power fleet includes trenchers, chippers, mini-excavators, skid steers, aerial equipment, and tractor loader backhoes among others. With a large team of highly trained technicians, operators, and VIP customer care associates throughout the United States and Canada, Compact Power Equipment Rental is a technology focused leader in the equipment rental industry.
The Mobile Service Technician - Mechanic (MST) is responsible for creating and maintaining a thriving equipment rental business at the store by providing excellent customer service, having the right mix of equipment, and keeping the fleet rental ready at all times. This position is assisting area mechanics in construction/landscape equipment service. Experience and the ability to effectively apply that experience in a team or independent environment. Mechanical and electrical repair experience is considered a plus and in some cases may be a requirement. Strong verbal and written communication, problem solving and strong mechanical skills are required. Must employ safe work practices to limit risk exposure to the customer, the public and self.
* Performing daily inspections on the equipment for rental readiness, and neat in appearance
* Performing needed repairs and preventive maintenance on equipment
* Initiating service calls and/or ordering parts needed for equipment repairs
* Assisting rental customers in determining the equipment needs and availability of equipment
* Training customers in the safe and proper operation of the equipment process
* Inspecting overall appearance of Compact Power Signage, inspecting equipment for proper security
* Training store associates in the safe and proper operation of the equipment and CPEC operating procedures
* In conjunction with Compact Power Area Rental Manager's review performance of equipment at the store and recommend needed equipment or transfers of under-utilized equipment
* May visit other stores in the market to inspect Compact Power equipment and assist and train Home Depot associates
* Maintaining professionalism in appearance, dress, and personal contact
WE OFFER: Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Accounts, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Employee Assistance Program, Direct Deposit, and 401K and excellent career growth opportunities.
* Ability to do mechanical repairs
* Ability to lift up to 80 lbs. safely
* Excellent communication skills - basic principles of customer service and selling
* Basic knowledge of compact construction equipment, including trenching and earthmoving machines
* Ability to work independently
* Experience in equipment rental industry (counter sales, customer service, etc.)
* Landscape/construction background a definite plus
* Ability to work effectively with different personality types and all levels of employees
* Administrative skills for documenting and reporting information on equipment (Excel, Microsoft Office email, etc.)
* Strong Computer skills
* Valid driver's license (ability to drive in a CMV capacity)
* High School Diploma, GED, Technical or Trade School - or equivalent experience