Mobile Support Developer, Android
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMapbox is a mapping platform for developers. Our building blocks integrate location into any mobile or online application. We want to change how people move around cities and understand our planet.
Mapbox is looking for a mobile support developer to help document, explain and showcase our work. This role will primarily work on our iOS team as it continues to evolve our popular, open source Swift and Objective-C libraries and help shape the future of maps. Mapbox's mobile map and navigation SDKs bring together a wide range of technologies to power real-world applications on millions of devices around the world.
We're looking for candidates who are interested in growing into a role that not only writes technical documentation and code examples but also connects our mobile and support teams, helps fix bugs, and interacts with the mobile community through blog posts, conferences, and more.
QUALITIES WE\'RE LOOKING FOR:
* Creativity and discipline. You're willing to manage your own schedule in alignment with the team's overall needs. You want a hand in planning, development, and deployment; in maintaining codebases; and in engaging the community.
* Outstanding communication skills. Whether voiced or in code comments, you express yourself clearly and concisely. You know when to adapt your tone between friendly and professional.
* Extreme empathy. You know what it's like to be a beginner and you're excited to help everyone get up to speed, regardless of experience or skill level.
* A passion for open source. Mapbox is a commercially driven, venture-backed company, but we depend on and promote open data and open source software with nearly 550 public repositories on GitHub. Take a look at our SDK code and our thriving community of contributors to get a feel for how we work.
* Most importantly, A desire both to learn and to teach. You're open-minded. You explore new languages, skills, techniques, and platforms. We learn new things every day and are excited to share our knowledge with each other.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
Click apply and include:
* A note telling us why you're interested in Mapbox and in documenting, explainng and showcasing our mobile stack.
* If available, examples of your written technical documentation and code examples. If available, link to your GitHub page, to projects you've finished, or to your website. Otherwise, feel free to send us non-public samples directly.
Sound interesting, but not sure you tick all the boxes? Please apply - we emphasize teaching and learning at Mapbox, and there's tons of room to grow.
We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team. We encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor