Mobile Trailer Technician (Req #16-281) 8/10/2016
North Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY VEGAS: MOBILE TRAILER TECHNICIAN
LOCATION: TEC Equipment of Las Vegas is located at 4150 Donovan Way, North Las Vegas, NV 89030. The Mobile Fleet Mechanic will work at our customers locations in the Las Vegas metro area.
TO APPLY: VISIT OUR CAREERS PAGE AT (www.tecequipment.com/about-us/careers/) AND FOLLOW THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS.
TEC Equipment, the west s premier, multi-point, full-service, heavy-duty truck dealership based in Portland, OR is a growing company with over 1,150 employees in 24 locations in Nevada, Arizona, California, Oregon, and Washington.
Our Las Vegas, NV location has a full-time opportunity for a Mobile Trailer-Fleet Mechanic who will work on-site at our customers locations performing preventative maintenance, diagnostics, and repair out of a mobile maintenance truck.
We offer in-house advanced-training opportunities and seek people who are customer-focused and demonstrate the ability to learn and apply new knowledge. We are a family-oriented business and offer competitive pay with benefits for qualified candidates with experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
* Visit customer locations and conduct thorough inspections and diagnostic tests of their trailers onsite, to troubleshoot issues and ensure trailer in proper operating condition.
* Perform routine and preventative maintenance services.
* Identify worn and damaged parts, repairing, adjusting, or replacing as needed.
* Verify vehicle performance by conducting test drives and adjusting controls and systems.
* Contain costs by following warranty guidelines and evaluating parts and service options.
* Maintain vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
* Maintain safe and organized work truck and leave customer sites clean and debris-free; keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance, and calling for repairs.
* Follow all state and federal vehicle requirements; follow company policies, procedures, and safety and EPA regulations. Must use all safety equipment necessary for the job.
* Maintain current knowledge of job and technical skills by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical and regulation publications.
* Must have own hand tools
* At least one year experience as a trailer technician; ability to demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of heavy-duty trailers
* Proficient in use of all tools of trade
* Basic computer skills to input vehicle maintenance records and diagnosis equipment
* Ability to meet physical demands of the job (job requires ability to sit in and operate vehicle for extended periods of time, frequent lifting/moving up to 50lbs, climbing, stooping, kneeling, seeing, grasping, hearing, etc.)
* Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Valid driver s license
* Valid CDL A or B (if don t have current CDL must have ability to obtain CDL)
* Prior experience as mobile mechanic
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving are contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
More ABout TEC Equipment
Founded in 1976 by David Thompson, TEC Equipment continues to be a family-owned and operated business and is committed to hiring the best talent that share our values Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, and Customer-focus. Learn more about our history and customer commitment by visiting www.tecequipment.com/about-us/our-history.
Learn more about our benefits and current job opportunities by visiting www.tecequipment.com/about-us/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law..