Mobile Trailer Technician (Req #16-281)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 1/26/2017
North Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONVEGAS: MOBILE TRAILER MECHANIC
LOCATION: TEC Equipment of Las Vegas is located at 4150 Donovan Way, North Las Vegas, NV 89030. The Mobile Fleet Mechanic will work at our customers locations in the Las Vegas metro area.
TO APPLY: VISIT OUR CAREERS PAGE AT (www.tecequipment.com/careers/) AND FOLLOW THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS.
TEC Equipment, the west s premier, multi-point, full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership is a growing company with over 1,150 employees in 24 locations in Nevada, Arizona, California, Oregon, and Washington.
We are here to create opportunities that result in strong, steady, and sustainable business growth toward becoming the largest, most respected and best run dealership in the United States. To help us achieve this vision, our Las Vegas, NV location has a full-time opportunity for a Mobile Trailer-Fleet Mechanic who will work on-site at our customers locations performing preventative maintenance, diagnostics, and trailer repair out of a mobile maintenance truck.
A person working at TEC Equipment must deliberately and consistently delight and inspire our customers every day and live out our customer commitment to truly be the Best Business Partner.
We offer in-house advanced-training opportunities and seek people who demonstrate the ability to learn and apply new knowledge. Founded in 1976 by David Thompson, TEC Equipment continues to be a family-owned and operated business and is committed to hiring the best talent that share our values Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, and Customer-focus. At TEC Equipment, our people are our most important asset. We offer a family-oriented environment and competitive pay with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
* Health Insurance
* Life and Accident Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
* Paid Time Off
* Educational Assistance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
* Visit customer locations and conduct thorough inspections and diagnostic tests of their trailers onsite, to troubleshoot issues and ensure trailer in proper operating condition.
* Perform routine and preventative maintenance services.
* Identify worn and damaged parts, repairing, adjusting, or replacing as needed.
* Contain costs by following warranty guidelines and evaluating parts and service options.
* Maintain vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
* Maintain safe and organized work truck and leave customer sites clean and debris-free; keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance, and calling for repairs.
* Follow all state and federal vehicle requirements; follow company policies, procedures, and safety and EPA regulations. Must use all safety equipment necessary for the job.
* Maintain current knowledge of job and technical skills by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical and regulation publications.
* Must have own hand tools
* At least one year experience as a trailer technician; ability to demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of heavy-duty trailers
* Basic computer skills to input vehicle maintenance records and diagnosis equipment
* Ability to meet physical demands of the job (including but not limited to ability to sit in and operate vehicle for extended periods of time, frequent lifting/moving up to 50lbs, frequent climbing, stooping, and kneeling)
* Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
* Valid driver s license
* Ability to obtain Class A CDL
* Valid CDL A
* Prior experience as mobile mechanic.
* All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen, MVR record check and eligibility to be insured by our auto insurance policy, and criminal background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law..