Model Risk Analyst
_Salary Range BOQ_
_** This is a new search. We need a candidate with a related Master's degree and experience with financial risk models._
_Search For: financial model risk, analyst, risk model, financial institution, rating agency._
Position Title Model Risk Analyst - OH #3319
_$65k to $75k. _
Location Cincinnati OH
Conducts the Bank-wide model risk management program aimed at ensuring models and related processes comply with internal policies and regulatory guidance, reflect best practices for their use and operations, and adhere to a strong control environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) Implements and maintains a model risk management program.
(2) Ensures the Bank applies best practice standards for model risk management.
(3) Administers the policies, guidance, and procedures related to model risk management, and provides guidance and assistance to model owners to ensure compliance with the Model Governance Policy.
(4) Monitors and communicates model risk management to all levels of employees and to the Bank's Board of Directors.
(5) Performs and manages validations of relevant Bank models.
(6) Advises/consults with Bank staff on best practices for use and evaluation of risks in deploying models, including stress testing, scenario analysis, back-testing, benchmarking, and research on model theory and methodologies.
(7) Researches vendors and provides recommendations for outside third-party validations. Provides engagement oversight and assistance to external validations.
(8) Provides assistance on monitoring and governance of end-user compliance activities especially as related to models.
(9) Performs additional duties as requested by management.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
(1) Knowledge at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Master's Degree in business administration, finance, economics, financial engineering or related. Experience with financial, statistical, market risk, or credit risk models.
(2) Strong analytical and quantitative skills including economic, financial, risk, or quantitative/mathematical analysis.
(3) Experience at a financial institution, rating agency, regulatory agency, or as a financial industry consultant is highly preferred.
(4) Knowledge of concepts, practices, and applications in risk management and controls.
(5) Advanced Microsoft Office skills (particularly Excel and Word).
(6) Attention to detail, initiative, ability to work independently, and a strong work ethic.
(7) Effective interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, to research, create, and present reports and analyses, on the purpose, operation, testing, and output of models.
BOTTOM LINE REQUIREMENTS WE NEED NOTES ON WITH CANDIDATE SUBMITTAL:
1. MASTER\'S DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, FINANCE, ECONOMICS, FINANCIAL ENGINEERING, OR RELATED.
2. EXPERIENCE WITH FINANCIAL, STATISTICAL, MARKET RISK, OR CREDIT RISK MODELS.
3. EXPERIENCE AT A FINANCIAL INSTITUTION, RATING AGENCY, REGULATORY AGENCY, OR AS A FINANCIAL INDUSTRY CONSULTANT IS HIGHLY PREFERRED.
4. SALARY REQUIREMENT