Model Validation Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID:
MODEL VALIDATION SPECIALIST
CREDIT SUISSE COMPANY OVERVIEW
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients and to help our employees grow. It is a high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
Part of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) at Credit Suisse, the Model Risk Management (MRM) team has a mandate to validate the Bank's business-impactful models firm-wide and more generally to identify, measure and manage model risk across Credit Suisse. The team is established in London, Zurich, Mumbai and New York.
A Model Risk Manager is required to assist in the roll-out and enhancement of firm-wide management and monitoring of model risk. The role will involve:
* Identifying and managing model risk across the bank, including leading independent reviews of models, meeting business needs and regulatory expectations, with responsibility for highlighting key aspects of models under review.
* Supporting Model Risk Management Program rollout and the Business As Usual (BAU) process of establishing solid model governance across Credit Suisse businesses.
* Supporting the MRM management team to establish or review internal processes, such as tracking of tasks and project status, and to achieve its goal of delivering a business-focused, regulatory compliant model risk management framework at Credit Suisse.
* Model remediations for setting improved local controls, governance, documentation, preparing models for independent validation, following up with corrective action plans through model owners.
* Conducting periodic model risk and control assessments.
* Effectively using model inventory database for model risk reporting, establishing new processes for model annual reviews using model inventory infrastructure.
* Be and remain up to date on regulatory requirements and adapt those requirements through model documentation templates, infrastructure and model risk policy reviews.
* Supporting CRO self-assessment programs, regulatory feedback gap analysis.
* Planning and stakeholder engagement, results interpretation and presentation.
* Continuous interaction and collaboration with stakeholders from a wide range of internal business areas, internal and external audit as well as regulatory authorities.
* Responsibility for the creation of model risk reports, including presentation of validation reports for the attention of senior management, regulatory authorities, and model stakeholders.
* Task tracking and management, data management, stakeholder management, developing reporting processes, etc.
The truly global scope of model risk means that this role will involve working with an incredibly broad group of stakeholders from every part of the firm, investigating model risk and model governance standards and performing detailed validation of risk models.
* At least 4-6 years of practical experience in the financial services industry. Business risk (eg. Market/Credit/Operational/Enterprise) and/or project/program/change management experience desirable.
* A bachelor s degree in a relevant discipline; post graduate qualifications (Masters in Finance, MBA, etc.) preferred.
* Proficiency in Excel is required for data analysis and report generation, along with the ability to develop compelling PowerPoint presentations.
* Client focus and the ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders, including the ability to explain complex topics to a diverse range of audiences.
* Interested in financial modelling, business process and banking regulations.
* Solid management , motivation, customer focus (e.g. key stakeholders), proactivity and willingness to take ownership going the extra mile to achieve high quality of outputs and service.
* Candidates should be self-motivated, disciplined, task focused, able to structure their work and have a proven record of delivering high quality results to strict deadlines.
* Attention to detail coupled with a good top-down perspective.
* Experience of risk and capital modeling, derivatives pricing and/or broader financial modeling.
* Experience in data management and analysis or in Front Office IT would be an advantage.
* Additional certifications such as CFA, FRM, PRMIA, etc.
* A general understanding of global regulatory requirements is desirable to be a credible counterpart given the huge and challenging variety of models in scope.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.