Modeling Engineer 8/25/2016
Frontier Technology Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MODELING ENGINEER - NORFOLK, VIRGINIA
Frontier Technology, Inc. is seeking full-time Modeling Engineer to join our team of qualified, talented, and diverse individuals. Our Modeling Engineer will provide direct support to NUWC Code 2532. This position is located at the client site in the Norfolk, VA area.
Frontier Technology, Inc. is working with its client to develop a virtual training environment. 3D models of existing classroom and training equipment will be developed in order to train the client s students through virtualization. FTI is seeking a Modeling Engineer to aid in the development and integration of 3D models into a training solution for our client.
Serve as a Modeling Engineer for the Waterfront Training Program under the limited guidance of the Project Manager. The Modeling Engineer will be responsible for developing 3D models to support virtual training programs that currently use Unity and NGRAIN frameworks. As our Modeling Engineer the tasking will include but not limited to:
* Generating 3D models to support program needs
* Creating 3D scans of items and rooms to be modeled
* Integrating 3D models into simulation using Unity, NGRAIN, and other appropriate frameworks
* Producing 3D simulations for use on tablets and virtual hardware
* Interacting with Clients to develop knowledge set appropriate to meet program requirements
* Providing insight to best practices and capabilities in modeling field
* Presenting work in front of internal and external audiences
* Testing and troubleshooting existing and developing software solutions
* Working on multiple projects while meeting appropriate deadlines
Bachelor s Degree or Higher in a related field. (Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology)
* 1-3 Years Minimum Experience in Modeling and Simulation
* Experience with virtual hardware (Oculus Rift, HTC VIVE, Samsung GEAR, etc.) a plus.
* Experience with 3D scanners a plus.
* Defense and Navy experience a plus
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Must be able to obtain/maintain a government security clearance
* C#, C++, or Java Programming experience
* Unity, Unreal, NGRAIN, or equivalent experience
* Ability to work in a Windows Programming Environment
FTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D