Modeling and Simulation Algorithm Developer*
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: #3608
Title: Modeling and Simulation Algorithm Developer*
Date Posted: 08/17/2016
Job Location: Lexington Massachusetts
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED
Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information.
The BMDS Integration Group supports the Missile Defense Agency in the development, deployment, testing, and enhancement of the ballistic missile defense system. This system is currently being developed to defend the United States, deployed forces, and allies from ballistic missile attacks. This group performs detailed system and component engineering, flight and ground test analysis, and advanced capability development in collaboration with the contractors and government program offices that are building the missile defense elements and components. The group has a need for an experienced Modeling and Simulation Algorithm Developer to support Missile Defense Agency (MDA)-sponsored programs, primarily Program 1293, Advanced C2BMC, and Program 3214, Aegis BMD Technology Development. The engineer will develop tools to interface with sensors, extract data, integrate advanced algorithms, build and maintain databases, create visualizations and perform system studies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
This three-year position will support the development of systems architectures for the Aegis BMD Technology Development and C2BMC Programs. The engineer will work on the C2BMC and Aegis Ashore Sidecar programs and will perform tasks including but not limited to: ensure connectivity between the C2BMC and Aegis Ashore sensors and MIT LL sidecars, develop tools for data extraction from sensors, and perform analysis for algorithm evaluation, algorithm development, and system studies. The engineer will interface with sensors; identify and extract necessary data; program conversion routines to convert data into a format needed by advanced algorithms; as well as store that data in databases. The subcontractor will also take the data and the output of algorithms and develop visualizations to understand the results of the algorithms. These tools will provide an essential foundation for further data analysis within test environments, and will be used as benchmarks against which we are able to measure new tools developed by our technical staff.
* MS in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, related technical areas, plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience required.
* The candidate must be able to work in a multidisciplinary team and meet deadlines.
* Knowledge of Java is required
* Candidates must possess strong oral and written communications skills, and must be able to present findings/results to internal and external organizations.
* Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
* Experience with Matlab and Python is preferred.
* Candidates with active Secret clearance preferred
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
* Location: Lexington, Ma
* Travel: Non-Anticipated
* Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability