Mold Process Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 1/10/2017
Costa Mesa, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Overview:
Affinity Medical Technologies is seeking a dynamic and proactive Mold Process Technician to coordinate and provide engineering and manufacturing support related to the development of processing and validation of injection molding. The hours for this position are 5:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
* Directly work with mold operators to improve the quality and output of molded components.
* Influence positive change on the design and fabrication of injection molds.
* Establish and identify operating parameters of molds and related support equipment.
* Assist engineering with mold qualification process.
* Support mold and press replacement, upgrades, operation and set-up.
* Integrally involved in material changes, trails, testing, etc.
* Supports design, implementation and maintenance of all molding auxiliary equipment.
* Assist in the coordination of debugging and testing of prototypes, production and/or auxiliary equipment.
* Initiate, investigate and develop need ideas, materials and safety improvements.
* Assist in the preparation of technical reports and charts detailing mold and operational performance in relation to established goals.
* Will work to eliminate errors in production and continually monitor training effectiveness of mold operators.
* Must comply with all safety requirements including; engineering and manufacturing practices and procedures, standard operating procedures and documentation.
* Minimum of two years experience in an engineering or manufacturing related position.
* Experience in the use of a variety of hand tools and electronic equipment such as rulers, scales, micrometers, calipers and similar items.
* Experience in an injection molding environment.
Skills and Abilities:
* Expertise in injection molding machine controls, molding processes and post molding secondary operations.
* Good knowledge of a wide range of plastics.
* Familiarity of insert molding of cable assemblies.
* Familiarity of liquid injection molding (LIM) processes and liquid silicone rubber (LSR).
* Must pose strong interpersonal skills and the willingness to help others.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills; must have the ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing and in person.
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
* Ability to deliver instructions to other mold operators.
* Accurate typing/keyboarding skills.
* Must be proficient in ALL MS Office applications, including spreadsheet software applications and email
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may be required to occasionally push, pull lift, and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
You Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
At Affinity Medical, a Molex company, we design, develop and manufacture high quality interconnect systems for the medical industry. Our culture inspires profit, growth, enthusiasm and professionalism with our people, suppliers and customers. This is a unique opportunity with exceptional growth in a fast paced and exciting environment.
At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow's breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
Visit us: www.molex.com | Twitter: www.twitter.com/molexconnectors |
YouTube: www.youtube.com/molexconnectors | Facebook: www.facebook.com/molexconnectors |
Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/molex | Our Blog: www.connector.com