Molding Engineering Intern 8/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
TE Connectivity has a Manufacturing Engineering Molding summer internship available in Greensboro, NC. This position will be within the Automotive Business Unit and will be based at one of our manufacturing sites.
The ideal candidate will be a committed individual with a sense of accountability that drives for results with plastics/manufacturing engineering training with an understanding in molding nylon, PBT and/or other type of crystalline materials. This position requires quick learner with integrity, great attitude and good work ethic.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Reporting to the Engineering Manager the Molding Engineer will be responsible for a zone within the mfg facility consisting of approximately 16 injection molding machines and ~35 molds that run within that zone.
* The position will train and work with a dedicated Processing Engineer and self-empowered team assigned to that zone across 5 shifts and be accountable for the profit of the products that run within the zone. This will be driven by OEE and other internal cost structures.
* This position will be required to work cross functionally with peers to implement consistency standards for molds, machines, robotic, end of arm tooling and all auxiliary equipment.
* Support projects for the VS Production Team in resolution of customer complaints, scrap reductions, efficiency problems, rate improvements, process deviations, Sample Runs, cost reduction projects and Preventative Maintenance Program.
* Support and analyze production equipment of any manufacturing process and make recommendations and plans for repairs on equipment that will result in improved processes.
* Support Cost Reduction projects through Six Sigma, 5S, and other available improvement tools.
* Support all related process documentation, not limited to but including repair logs, manuals, drawings, and procedures.
* Support launch receiving efforts for new products, product extensions, and processes in the plant.
* Work from verbal instructions, sketches, blueprints, machine manuals, and worn or broken parts to determine size, shape, configuration, etc. of needed parts or enhancements.
* Support design, development, and engineering on machine tools and fixtures and related items for plant improvement projects using engineering principles and best practices.
* Must be able to work and act in a professional manner with all levels of associates and interface with customers as required.
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented sophomore or junior currently working toward a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and who meets the following qualifications:
* A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
* Demonstrated project management capabilities with an emphasis on strategic thinking, teamwork, and results-driven implementation
* Comfort dealing with ambiguity and ability to manage multiple projects
* Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
* Excellent communication verbal, presentations and written.
* Experience with Creo a a plus