- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
SHIFT: 1) 7:00AM-3:00PM; 2) 7:00AM-3:00PM OR 3:00PM-11:00PM
The mission of the Molding Technician is to run production molded parts per production procedures, assist with molding maintenance requirements and engineering projects, and document molding activities while meeting goals of quality, cost and delivery for our customers. This position reports to the Supervisor of Molding within the Operations department of a rapidly growing Medical Device contract manufacturer focused on capital equipment, drug delivery devices and disposables.
This position is responsible for running production injection molded parts, mold set-up, start-up, processing, production, and shutdown procedures. Basic maintenance of the plastic injection molds and equipment as well as assisting engineering with special projects as needed is also required. This position will help develop molding processes and procedures, train molding associates and perform other production tasks as requested.
BASIC BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
This position will require:
* 2 years relevant work experience with knowledge of setting tools for production and processing tools.
* Able to use injection molding machinery including various testing devices, meters, moisture analyzers, chiller, thermometers, raw material handling system, mold heat controllers, and mold presses
* Attention to detail and good documentation skills
* Ability to work on your feet
* Ability to lift up to 55 lbs
* Ability to climb a ladder
* Ability to diagnose and resolve basic molding equipment and process issues
* Ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
* Ability to monitor production on multiple injection molding machines at the same time
* Ability to visually inspect injection molded parts for defects including 20/20 vision (corrected)
* Medical manufacturing experience is preferred
* Working independently
* The ability to work with all levels of the organization
* React to change productively and handle other tasks that may be assigned.
* Ability to understand business, legal and regulatory requirements
* Works overtime as required
* Maintain general knowledge of the certification and regulatory requirements contained in ISO-13485, and FDA CFR/GMP Medical Device Regulation
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
SHORT TERM: (0 TO 3 MONTHS)
* Learn KEIND Quality system requirements
* Learn Good Documentation Practices
* Build relationships with Engineering and Operations team members
* Self-sufficient in mold setup and process start-up
* Complete Work Orders per the schedule
* Monitors Material Handling system to support production
* Monitor molding processes and make adjustments within validated ranges as needed to maintain a high level of quality.
* Records complete and accurate information for Device History Records
* Inspects molded parts for defects and delivers parts to Quality for inspection
* Assist in validation efforts for commissioning injection mold tools
* Learn and adopt Kimball Electronics philosophies and culture
* Maintain clean and safe working environment in accordance with company policies.
* Maintain regular attendance according to the company's attendance guidelines.
* Always works within Procedures
* Works overtime as required
MIDTERM: (3 TO 6 MONTHS)
* Is able to maintain Injections molds
* Assists in Preventative Maintenance activities for the Molding Department
* Proficient in D2 and D3 (Decoupled) molding techniques
LONG TERM: (6 TO 12 MONTHS)
* Provide training for other molding associates or mold techs
* Provide improvement ideas for review
Kimball Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
We are only able to hire as employees persons who are either U.S. citizens or permanent U.S. Residents.