This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for MONGO DBA for our client in SEATTLE, WA
JOB TITLE: MONGO DBA
JOB LOCATION: SEATTLE, WA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Develops effective information technology solutions for client by creating new, or enhancing existing internal or customer applications or for the enterprise server hosting infrastructure.
* Advises engineering teams on solutions to new or complex problems as a recognized technical leader.
* Provides consultative services to associates within the enterprise explaining complex cross-discipline and/or cross-technology concepts and processes.
* Balances long and short-term goals when designing and implementing solutions with architectural responsibilities across multiple projects and products.
* Demonstrates resolution and design abilities relating to complex technology and/or business challenges.
* Reviews migration planning of large, complex deploys.
* Leads significant efforts of a large system implementation, conversion or project; provides leadership across multiple efforts simultaneously.
* Implements process changes within the project team as part of continuous team improvement.
* Interacts regularly with functional teams including (but not limited to) Marketing, Product,Customer Support, and Quality to gather and disseminate information regarding product builds and progress.
* Introduces new technologies, methodologies, and processes to client; keeps informed on new technologies and establishes justification for applicable uses within client.
* Presents technologies and analysis to management to determine purchase and usage.
* Leads the organization with research initiatives to improve extensibility, flexibility, and performance of client's systems and applications.
* Provides consulting and advisory services to internal enterprise users of the platform.
* Leads or advises project teams that design, engineer, and rollout operational readiness of new products, capabilities, and features.
* Provides representation for large scale enterprise initiatives that seek to deploy key applications or platforms within the company.
* Performs code development, product design, and programming activities requiring business, functional and systems research and analysis.
* Designs, implements, and/or maintains products and solutions.
* Influences code standards, review processes, and design patterns.
* Drives architectural standards, processes, and activities. Promotes the use of architectural patterns and design patterns.
* Assists managers as a key advisor to meeting SLAs for applications and high impact production issues.
* Mandatory MongoDB Professional Skills:
* 4+ year's technologyarchitectureexperience in MongoDB.
* 10+ years of experience in other RDBM technology.
* Advance Knowledge of Unix/Linux along with windows Server.
* Skilled in backups & disaster recovery.
* 247 production support experience.
* Experience in performing Mongo DBA operational routines.
* MMS configuration experience.
* MongoDB Schema Design using DB Ref, Manual Ref, Embedded Data Model Design.
* Configuring and monitoring replica sets and control the member behaviors.
* Configuring Sharding, replication and clustering.
* Sharding Key Benchmarking, Selection and Implementation.
* Monitoring and identify the proper shard key
* Optimizing database/query performance
* Selection, inserting large amounts of data
* Performing Security measures, backups and restore backups
* User Management - creating users, assigning roles, managing permissions
* Suitable Index Key Selection and implementation.
* Good performance tuning skills
* Root cause analysis and troubleshooting of production issues and Performance Tuning.
* Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues.
* Knowledge of disaster recovery principles and practices, including planning, testing, backup/restore
* Problem-solving skills
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment
EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS IS A PLUS:
* Worked with over 5 TB MongoDB installation UNIX and LINUX scripting
* MongoDB certification from Mongo University is plus.
* Development experience.
* In depth knowledge of SANs.
* Other RDMS platforms