Monitor Tech PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Nassau Bay, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
* The Monitor Technician performs key functions that support the multidisciplinary team in delivering high quality, cost effective care.
* Maintains competency in electrocardiography (EKG), non-invasive blood pressure (NIBP), and Pulse Oximetry (SP02), monitoring computer skills.
* Monitors Emergency Code Panel and reports information per hospital policy. Provides effective, prompt communication in the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Monitors Cardiac Information Center (CIC) and reports information per hospital policy. 2. Demonstrates accurate interpretation of basic cardiac dysrhythmias. Records and stores rhythm strips, performs trends and history reports per hospital policy.
* Performs inventory checks on all monitor and telemetry equipment and documents finding appropriately. Maintains office supplies based on established par levels
* Protects patient and family privacy rights and maintains confidentiality of patient records and computer security codes, as well as protects the integrity of privileged information.
* Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate use of the hospital systems and serves as a resource to physicians, patients, visitors and staff.
* Notifies charge nurse or activates the rapid response team for patient care concerns.
* Coordinates departmental communications; initiating calls, following up according to prescribed timeframes.
* Maintains an accurate and orderly medical record assuring all forms are properly identified with the patient's name and contents are filed correctly. Accurately enters charges and discharge data each shift.
* Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to maintaining an environment that assures all customers, all individuals, are treated with dignity and respect. Employee actively participates in making recommendations for improving working relationships in the department/unit.
* Demonstrates Service Pride standards (smiles and makes eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer).
* Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence).
* Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED equvalent.
* 6 months-1 year of patient care experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
* American Heart Association (AHA) CPR required. AHA Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) is preferred.
* Physician office/ Clinic environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.