This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
Sugar Land, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Monitor Tech performs various functions that supports the multidisciplinary team in delivering high quality, cost-effective care. The Monitor tech employs effective communication skills in all interactions and when relaying important EKG changes to nursing staff. Maintains competency requirements for EKG interpretation, computer skills associated with the monitoring system and other job related functions. Maintains vigilant monitoring to ensure EKG dysrhythmias are reported and documented per policy. The Monitor tech practices I CARE values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence and ServicePride standards.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Child, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains established departmental policies/procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs and technical standards. .
2. Demonstrates competency in EKG rhythm monitoring and prompt reporting of dysrhythmias, abnormal parameters or trends to nursing staff.
3. Maintains, accurately processes and updates EKG records according to department standards.
4. Provides prompt and personalized service to all customers.
5. Protects patient and family privacy rights and maintains confidentiality of patient records and computer security codes, as well as protects the integrity of privileged information.
6. Organizes the work flow, problem-solves, and manages multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision.
7. Receives information from various sources that is assimilated and communicated in an accurate, timely, and effective manner.
8. Demonstrates proficiency in the use and maintenance of clerical equipment, such as computers, facsimile and printers.
9. Maintains an orderly environment that facilitates access to supplies, manuals and other resource information.
10. Works well with others to make contributions to the work effort as a whole and facilitates problem resolution. Communication to promote both efforts is clear and professional.
11. Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence) to all customers including co-workers. Accepts constructive feedback as opportunity for improving customer satisfaction. Demonstrates accountability in meeting scheduling requirements
12. Demonstrates ServicePRIDE Standards (smiles and makes eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer).
13. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
14. Performs job duties in accordance with established policy/procedures and regulatory requirements.
Must be at least 18 years of age
High school diploma or its equivalent is required
Two years of secretarial/office or college/vocational training required
Types a minimum of 30 words per minute. Computer application skills required
Prior health care experience and/or medical terminology preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Must be able to write and speak effectively in English.
Must pass hospital EKG test upon hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.